Audio Components Crash When Launched

jokaro51

Question

I have a ASUS T2-P P4 3.2mhz, 1gb ram that I use exclusively for audio. I have a TASCAM US-122 USB audio/MIDI interface device which is connected to a DJ mixer.

I’ve disabled the on-board audio. I purchased EMC8 and installed it. Whenever I launch the Convert LP and Tapes assistant, it application crashes with a Generic Windows error message. Not only does EMC8 crashes when launching Convert LP/Tapes, but with any audio component. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled EMC8 but still get the same problem. I have the latest drivers for the TASCAM device so I know that’s not any issue. It’s appears to be a serious issue with EMC8. Please advise.

4 answers to this question

I have a ASUS T2-P P4 3.2mhz, 1gb ram that I use exclusively for audio. I have a TASCAM US-122 USB audio/MIDI interface device which is connected to a DJ mixer.

I’ve disabled the on-board audio. I purchased EMC8 and installed it. Whenever I launch the Convert LP and Tapes assistant, it application crashes with a Generic Windows error message. Not only does EMC8 crashes when launching Convert LP/Tapes, but with any audio component. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled EMC8 but still get the same problem. I have the latest drivers for the TASCAM device so I know that’s not any issue. It’s appears to be a serious issue with EMC8. Please advise.

I have a similar experience using a Yamaha USB external Audio Soundboard. I opened a ticket with tech support and got the run around. Bottom line, they will not fix this problem. Here is a typical response from their tech support "ticket #

"114056 Last Updated: 3/7/2006 11:48:59 AM "

"Dear Kind Sir,

You have reached technical support, not engineering. We have understood this problem to be an incompatability with your unique USB external audio device and the software. If you would like to express your disdain towards this unfortunate conflict, you may do so freely by reporting this issue on our Forum. The forums are reviewed regularly by our engineering and QA staff, who would be able to more appropriately make use of this information ".

If I could return the product, I will, I am also considering reporting Roxio to the BBB for pushing incomplete product and refusing to fix the problem.

Does this apply to you?

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=3319

I've disabled the on-board audio. I purchased EMC8 and installed it. Whenever I launch the Convert LP and Tapes assistant, it application crashes with a Generic Windows error message. Not only does EMC8 crashes when launching Convert LP/Tapes, but with any audio component. I've uninstalled and reinstalled EMC8 but still get the same problem. I have the latest drivers for the TASCAM device so I know that's not any issue. It's appears to be a serious issue with EMC8. Please advise.

Since it appears Roxio has no solution I will be returning the software. I should not have to purchase another device. I brought the USB device because it provides the connectivity and performance for my business. The software which came with the device works fine. I'll just have to use it instead. Hopefully Roxio will release a fix for this problem otherwise Roxio will lose valuable customers.

Yes it does. My specific device isn't listed but it is a USB device that I need and will kept for my music business. As I stated I do have an on-board audio but I don't want to use it. That's why I have the USB device. It serves a much needed purpose.

Since it appears Roxio has no solution I will be returning the software. I should not have to purchase another device. I brought the USB device because it provides the connectivity and performance for my business. The software which came with the device works fine. I'll just have to use it instead. Hopefully Roxio will release a fix for this problem otherwise Roxio will lose valuable customers.

Yes it does. My specific device isn't listed but it is a USB device that I need and will kept for my music business. As I stated I do have an on-board audio but I don't want to use it. That's why I have the USB device. It serves a much needed purpose.

If you haven't already uninstalled EMC 8, what happens if you merely re-enable your onboard audio? You don't have to use it, but I think the problem relates to having an analogue board available. I have both a PCI sound card installed and a USB capture device that I use. No problems with the USB device and EMC 8.

Let us know.

Archived