Sign in to follow this  
The Highlander

Windows Live Messenger Beta Goes Public

Windows Live Messenger Beta goes public, multilingual, download now!

Posted By Bink on March 20, 2006 at 1:23 PM Microsoft has silently enabled access to the latest Windows Live Messenger Beta for all passports. This means that from now on you won't need an invitation in order to be able to log in. We expect the MSN pages to soon reflect this news and market the WLM Beta to all of their visitors worldwide.

Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0566 English

If you want these language versions then visit here.

Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0566 Dutch

Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0566 Spanish

Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0566 German

Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0566 French

Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0566 Japanese

Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0566 Korean

Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0566 Brazilian Portugese

Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0566 Chinese (Traditional)

Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0566 Chinese (Simplified)

Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0566 Polish

Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0566 Russian

Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0566 Danish

Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0566 Finnish

Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0566 Greek

Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0566 Hungarian

Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0566 Italian

Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0566 Arabian

Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0566 Slovenian

Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0566 Slovak

Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.0.0566 Turkish

You spend too much time at Microsoft's website. LOL :huh:

Neil's a major stockholder. :)

Neil's a major stockholder. :huh:

To tell the truth, I'm a avid hater of the stuff, and i use Red hat were ever possible, but since I'm in a large corporate that is a MS house, i get alot of the info early... i post it here because others are into this...

And heck id love to have shares in MS, (about 1989 - 1990 were the good years to have shares) now i would not even light my fireplace with the stock notes....

Microsoft is like a good cheese, it got better with age, but eventually it turns green and go's moldy and will end up eating it's self out of the market... (watch out for the new Gouda -Vista Cheese)

:D:D:D:)

Edited by rydall2000

To tell the truth, I'm a avid hater of the stuff, and i use Red hat were ever possible, but since I'm in a large corporate that is a MS house, i get alot of the info early... i post it here because others are into this...

And heck id love to have shares in MS, (about 1989 - 1990 were the good years to have shares) now i would not even light my fireplace with the stock notes....

Microsoft is like a good cheese, it got better with age, but eventually it turns green and go's moldy and will end up eating it's self out of the market... (watch out for the new Gouda -Vista Cheese)

:D:D:huh::)

Oh, Vista may not be ALL bad.

It may be one of the best things that ever happened to the Mac.

Lynn

Oh, Vista may not be ALL bad.

It may be one of the best things that ever happened to the Mac.

Lynn

I heard today somewhere that MS announced they will delay the release of Vista.....again. Seems some of the retailers are pushing them to get it out before Christmas to help with the sales but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

I'd be really surprised if they delay it again. But then it would have to go Gold around Sept. to get it to manufacturing for distribution in time for the computer makers to have their machines ready for the After Thanksgiving sales.

I'd be really surprised if they delay it again. But then it would have to go Gold around Sept. to get it to manufacturing for distribution in time for the computer makers to have their machines ready for the After Thanksgiving sales.

My local news reported it tonite (slow news night).

Also:

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2152422/...s-windows-vista

http://yahoo.reuters.com/stocks/QuoteCompa...l=MSFT.O&rpc=44

What I read today is that the 'official' release will be in January, but some of the mailorder OEMs like Dell may get some machines out the door before that. This has caused the 'retail' types like HP to complain because they can't get their machines through the distribution cycles before January.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 (Read The Full thing here)

Vista Delayed Again

Microsoft is now planning to deliver business versions in November 2006 and the consumer versions in 2007.

The unthinkable has happened: Microsoft has delayed Windows Vista yet again.

Jim Allchin, co-president of Microsoft's Platforms & Services Division, announced on March 21 during a conference call that Microsoft is now planning to roll out Windows Vista in two stages.

The business, volume-licensed versions of Vista will now ship in November 2006, as many expected. But the consumer, retail versions of Vista won't be ready until January 2007.

Until March 21, Microsoft officials had said Vista would be ready to ship in time for the holiday 2006 selling season.

The delay will likely impact PC makers who had been counting on preloading Vista on new PCs this fall.

Allchin attributed the decision to delay the retail versions of Vista to quality concerns.

"Product quality is the first priority. We won't compromise on that," Allchin said, reiterating his oft-repeated statement that product quality trumps all else when it comes to Windows.

When asked for further details, Allchin cited performance, drivers, testing and security as areas where Microsoft and some of its partners had concerns.

Microsoft is still planning to release the next test build of Vista, its "consumer Community Technology Preview" build, to an estimated 2 million testers sometime in the next quarter, Allchin said.

Microsoft had been telling testers to expect that CTP build in April. Lately, however, some partners said they heard Microsoft might not make that April date.

Microsoft is still on track to release the Vista code to manufacturing in 2006, however, Allchin said.

"We expect some to say that this [the next CTP build] was fine and why didn't they just ship this," Allchin said.

"We needed just a few more weeks," Allchin said. "Industry partners need quite a bit of time and certainty about that time."

Allchin downplayed the potential impact on Microsoft partners of the delay.

"Some partners will be impacted more than others," Allchin said. "To be clear, some [partners] wanted us to continue, but we wanted to think about the whole industry."

Allchin said that Microsoft is not changing its Vista forecasts, and is expecting the delay in retail availability to have little, if any, impact on revenue, as the company will still be delivering the product in the fiscal 2007 timeframe.

One Microsoft TAP (Technology Adoption Partner) tester, who requested anonymity, was not as forgiving about the slip.

"I think that the delay is significant...Microsoft is missing a key time over the holidays in bringing Vista to the most consumers possible at launch," the partner said.

Other company watchers said they were not surprised by the delay, claiming the warning signs had been apparent for some time.

Microsoft's decision not to issue a December CTP of Vista, as well as its strategy to forgo a traditional Beta 2 build in favor of a series of CTPs gave some Microsoft watchers cause for concern.

So the businesses who get the earlier versions will be bug testing for the rest of the later users? :):huh:

So the businesses who get the earlier versions will be bug testing for the rest of the later users? :):huh:

Sound familiar? isn't that the MS way, "I'm sure we have MOST of the bugs out Bill?", "well i need to have a pay rise, so shift the thing now and we will release a 500meg small service pack 4 or 5 weeks later to fix any of the issues that the rest of the testers find,? users will just have to grin and bear it,"

god help there (Indian) technical support when this hits the fan.....[/b]

" my video card don't work"

"my sound card don't work"

"nothing works on my DELL?"

ect ect ect....

Are you first on the list to get your copy Paul?, i know my beta final copy will be shelved for a wile until maybe 6 to 8 months after the OEM's ship out...........

Edited by rydall2000

Sound familiar? isn't that the MS way, "I'm sure we have MOST of the bugs out Bill?", "well i need to have a pay rise, so shift the thing now and we will release a 500meg small service pack 4 or 5 weeks later to fix any of the issues that the rest of the testers find,? users will just have to grin and bear it,"

god help there (Indian) technical support when this hits the fan.....[/b]

" my video card don't work"

"my sound card don't work"

"nothing works on my DELL?"

ect ect ect....

Are you first on the list to get your copy Paul?, i know my beta final copy will be shelved for a wile until maybe 6 to 8 months after the OEM's ship out...........

I'm pretty sure that my meager beta tests won't land me a free copy and that's ok. I was only asked to beta test Vista due to my firewall and Windows update beta testing I did previously. I've only posted 3 or 4 bugs total where the real geeks post that many each day or week. They give prizes to the most bugs submitted and reading their boards, many are in it for the free software. Me, I'll just wait until I get my next PC with it already included (that won't be for awhile) and by then, it should be bug free :):huh: