• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

CostasCal

Emc Label Creator Song Titles Text Edit Problem

Question

I installed the EMC10 and burned an Audio CD.

I opened the Label Creator and used the AUTOFILL from Disk to bring in the song Track titles from the CD.

I got the titles in the Label Creator, but when I try to edit the titles, using the text edit or Track List Properties, all song titles vanish. I get a white box. If use the Edit, Undo, few times I get the text back, but it seems that it does not let me change the sont title text in the track list.

Can someone help?

Thanks

Costas

19 answers to this question

I have V10 and cannot re-produce this behavior…

I edit as much as I want and nothing disappears.

Make sure you have updated video card drivers and if you are running WinXP, update DirectX 9 to the latest release.

With some video cards it could be helpfull, to set the rotating angle from 90° to 0° within the edit window. After that the text should apear again.

May be it's also helpfull for you. :)

I aslo intalled the updated version from on-line, but it did not resolved the problem.

When I try to edit the Track List text using the Right Click, Properties or Double-Click the Track List text and I try to edit a track song title ,and then click Ok ... the whole tracks list becomes invinsible. I get a blank text box. If I click again it is shown in the properties ...but not on the actual label (either Back or Insert).

I should mention that the problem is only with the track list that is created from the Auto-fill (smart text) and not with any other entered text in the Label Creator.

Very Strange...and I am not happy.. I did not have this problem with EC9

Costas

The rest of us cannot duplicate your problem!

To put us on the same page, exactly what Style are you using???

Do you by chance have Background turned off in Show/Hide Smart Objects?

Last night I spent more than an hour deleting the EMC10 from my PC and any previous version of Roxio EMC. I also removed any occurance of any Roxio entry in the Registry.

Today I re-installed the EMC10 from the CD that I purchased a couple of weeks ago. I was not surprised that the problem was not resolved.

I have a Dell XPS (High Performance) PC purchased in late 2003.

I use Windows XP and the windows are 100% up-to-date. Last time I asked Dell if there was any new drivers available they were unable to answer, so I dont take any chances by experimenting with new Drivers.

Now some info of how this problem happens.

I import the Auto-fill from disc. I did not use any style yet, to see if the style causes the problem.

The Show/Hide Object Boundaries is checked.

The track list show on the Booklet page and on the Back (label)page. I can add the track numbers by Right Clicking on the text and select Numbered.

Then if i try to edit the text and click Ok ... the countour of the text box that contains the track titles is there, but the text is invisible. If i right Click again and select Edit Text with the Tracl List Properties window ... the track titles are there... but they are not visible when I return to the Booklet or Back page.

I tried different fonts, just in case a font color is the problem, the tracks text is not visible.

If I select a style, the track text shows up again, but the minute I try to edit it, it vanishes again. It will return if Re-select a style again.

This problem does not occur when I edit the tracks List text on the CD label view page.

After editing the track list text and click OK the text vanishes, but I click Cancel the text stays.

The Track List is checked (to be visible) in the Show/hide Smart Objects

so whats next? Remove ECM10 again and go back to ECM9?

Ah! This is the first time you have ever mentioned that you were working with the Booklet!!!

I was doing all of my work with the CD and the problem does not exist there! Yes I get the same result with the Booklet!

No I do not have a clue why it behaves this way nor do I have a fix beyond clicking a couple of Ctrl-Z's will bring it back.

Weird, I still don't have any problem. I edited the text, changed the font size, bolded it, changed the font color and then added a drop shadow. Each time I made a change the text was still visible.

I'm out of suggestions. Could be video card specific? I have the Geforce 7300GS with latest nVidia drivers (169.21).

post-49-1204645286.jpg

Edited by ggrussell

Not the same as the OP & me!

Add some Titles & click OK:

post-39730-1204663763.jpg

Results:

post-39730-1204663775.jpg

Now this is with 10.0.

Edited by Jim_Hardin

I just tried it and mine does the same, but if I change the Project Type, I get the text back.

For example, if I click on Show/Hide Smart Objects under the Edit Layout task pane, and then change the Project Type to Video the Track List text shows back up. It will stay there until I change the text (when I change the text it disappears), but then if I change it back to Video, it all comes back again. (It does the same from Video to Audio.)

I lose text formatting but I notice that if I use the text properties at the top of label Creator instead of the Track List Properties dialog box to format the text, then I can change the text properties.

Edited by karri

Add some Titles & click OK:

I added titles, I changed fonts colors, drop shadows, etc. Text never did go away. It's inconsistency like this that can drive tech support crazy especially if they can't reproduce the problem.

I notice that Karri has ATI video card. Jim? Costas? Are you using ATI also?

Edited by ggrussell

Hello

my card is 128 DDR ADI Radeon 9800

I should mention that I did not have this problem with EMC9

Costas

Try this:

Auto fill your track names and select bulleted or numbered. When you have the info the way you want it, click on the Text Properties icon at the top of Label Creator, instead of using the Track List Text Properties dialog. (Alternately, use the text properties along the top of Label Creator to make your format changes.) I don't lose the text when I format the track list this way.

(If you do lose the text, click on Show/Hide Smart Objects in the Edit task pane on the left and change the Project Type from Audio to Video or Video to Audio, either way, but you may lose the formatting, so make all your information changes before you format your text with the text properties.)

Ediited: because I had missed that Gary posted it can be fixed in V10.1 (I have 10)

Edited by karri

Try this:

Auto fill your track names and select bulleted or numbered. When you have the info the way you want it, click on the Text Properties icon at the top of Label Creator, instead of using the Track List Text Properties dialog. (Alternately, use the text properties along the top of Label Creator to make your format changes.) I don't lose the text when I format the track list this way.

(If you do lose the text, click on Show/Hide Smart Objects in the Edit task pane on the left and change the Project Type from Audio to Video or Video to Audio, either way, but you may lose the formatting, so make all your information changes before you format your text with the text properties.)

Ediited: because I had missed that Gary posted it can be fixed in V10.1 (I have 10)

Using the Text Object Properties is a work around, but it is a very clumsy box to edit in. If a user is happy working around squares that are placeholders for CR & LF and one contiguous box of text, great! Still it does work as you have indicated without the text disappearance.

Instead of all the clicking around to do the 'Show/Hide Smart Objects – Project Type', 2, Ctrl-Z's will return the text as CostasCal and I have confirmed.

And the update is actually 10.0.1, which I have applied and it fixes NOTHING.

While V10.1 might fix it, there is no such thing at the moment…

Using the Text Object Properties is a work around, but it is a very clumsy box to edit in. If a user is happy working around squares that are placeholders for CR & LF and one contiguous box of text, great! Still it does work as you have indicated without the text disappearance.

Instead of all the clicking around to do the 'Show/Hide Smart Objects – Project Type', 2, Ctrl-Z's will return the text as CostasCal and I have confirmed.

And the update is actually 10.0.1, which I have applied and it fixes NOTHING.

While V10.1 might fix it, there is no such thing at the moment…

I think the Text Object Properties box is no more clumsy than the Track List properties, which is what the OP said he was trying to edit the text in; and much less clumsy considering you don't lose the text you are trying to format. But, that is why I suggested the OP have his info the way he wants it before applying text formatting. That's also why I suggested using the text formatting options along the top of the program interface. I also indicated that this way you do not lose the text, and only IF you do then you can use the Smart Objects options to adjust it. (or Ctrl-Z, whatever ... )

Pardon my leaving out the ".01" Jim. I was referring to this from Gary in Post #2:

Have you updated to 10.1? I just tried it and it seems to be fixed.

Click here for V10 update

Which rotating angle you see in the edit box?

If it's '90' try to set it to '0' as I wrote in Post #5

That issue was discussed before in this Forum and it was helpfull on some graphic cards. :)

I posted somewhere else, but I am having this same problem. I burn a music cd with transitions. I bring up create a label after it's burned and only song titles appear. Not artists. I had EMC 7 and both artists and titles appeared. OK, so I am willing to add artists to each song (with a lot of pissed off energy) and go one by one editing the track titles. When I'm done, everything disappears.

I tried starting over with the same disk, and it can't recognize any tracks. Nothing appears, it's a blank slate. WTF???? I spent a lot of time figuring out that I had to get the full version of EMC 10 in order to get the transitions feature (which isn't even in Music Lab!) and now this? What kind of crap are you folks putting out and aren't you doing any kind of testing? I just bought a new Dell with Vista. Is there something about the Vista version? Grrrr, I'm just a whole lot frustrated!

You're not talking to Roxio. This is a users forum, and we didn't put out anything.

Try all the suggestions in this thread.