• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Audio On Color Panels

marty38oak

Question

I have put together a slide show with inserted color panels. On each color panel there are titles using text, font, color and motion. In the background an audio track. When ever the play reaches a color panel, the audio breaks up. If I allow the titles to motion in over pictures, the audio is fine. Can I fix the problem with color panels, or should I just remove?

Martin Oakes

6 answers to this question

Interesting problem. Since it works okay if you use a "picture", why not create an image file that is just a solid color and use that instead? Does that work?

Thank you for suggesting a blank colored picture, however that does not work either, which makes no sense to me. It almost seems as if my processor is spending too much time rendering a solid color image, and not enough time on audio. I'm just going to place the titles over pictures.

Martin

Are you relying on the preview ? It may well be different in the finished slide show. Go ahead and render your project to an iso file and then copy that file to a RW disc. If it still breaks up, then remove the color panel. The problem is probably with your computer in the preview because it has to try to display all the color panel with all the add-ons plus do the audio. BTW, that will give you an opportunity to double check to make sure all the text is in the TV safe zone.

I have put together a slide show with inserted color panels. On each color panel there are titles using text, font, color and motion. In the background an audio track. When ever the play reaches a color panel, the audio breaks up. If I allow the titles to motion in over pictures, the audio is fine. Can I fix the problem with color panels, or should I just remove?

Martin Oakes

Are you relying on the preview ? It may well be different in the finished slide show. Go ahead and render your project to an iso file and then copy that file to a RW disc. If it still breaks up, then remove the color panel. The problem is probably with your computer in the preview because it has to try to display all the color panel with all the add-ons plus do the audio. BTW, that will give you an opportunity to double check to make sure all the text is in the TV safe zone.

Thank you. When I preview on my computer, the rendering is perfect. After recording to DVD-R if I play in either the computer or a DVD player connected to TV, the audio breaks up over the color panels. So the recording is bad. I am using a Sony DRV-510A recording, firmware v 1.0c I wonder if I should upgrade teh firmware to v1.1a?

Advice? Martin

Sorry, I re-read your post. The media information is still correct andyes, you should update the firmware.

Beg borrow or -- get a different brand of disc and try that. You may also want to try a different format if you player will play that (+R or -R) If you are burning at the maximum speed, try something less.

Go to a discount store (or Radio Shack) and buy a cd player cleaner disc (it has little brushes glued to one side) and run that or get some dry air in a can and blow out the inside of that player. Be careful, you do not know what has crawled into it.

Usually it is best to keep all your drivers and firmware up to date. Also DirectX and IE.

Thank you. When I preview on my computer, the rendering is perfect. After recording to DVD-R if I play in either the computer or a DVD player connected to TV, the audio breaks up over the color panels. So the recording is bad. I am using a Sony DRV-510A recording, firmware v 1.0c I wonder if I should upgrade teh firmware to v1.1a?

Advice? Martin

Sorry, I re-read your post. The media information is still correct andyes, you should update the firmware.

Beg borrow or -- get a different brand of disc and try that. You may also want to try a different format if you player will play that (+R or -R) If you are burning at the maximum speed, try something less.

Go to a discount store (or Radio Shack) and buy a cd player cleaner disc (it has little brushes glued to one side) and run that or get some dry air in a can and blow out the inside of that player. Be careful, you do not know what has crawled into it.

Usually it is best to keep all your drivers and firmware up to date. Also DirectX and IE.

I have updated firmware and changed from DVD-R to DVD+RW. Disk still skips audio. I did not have this problem with v7.5. Unfortuneately I allowed that to be uninstalled when putting v8 on this computer and do not have original disk.

Martin

Advice? Martin

Interesting problem. Since it works okay if you use a "picture", why not create an image file that is just a solid color and use that instead? Does that work?

Archived