• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 29 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

t3istar

Installation Of Emc10 Suite Problem

Question

I downloaded the program and the content files. When I run the program file a utility --PGP starts and instructs me to set up keys before proceeding. I complete that process successfully and then I am asked to reboot. After rebooting nothing starts and I am require to start from scratch and go through the same procedure. Any hints?

Thank You

8 answers to this question

I downloaded the program and the content files. When I run the program file a utility --PGP starts and instructs me to set up keys before proceeding. I complete that process successfully and then I am asked to reboot. After rebooting nothing starts and I am require to start from scratch and go through the same procedure. Any hints?

Thank You

PGP? What is it, and why is it running when you are trying to install a program? Shut it down.

It was a part of the downloaded file "RoxioEMCSuite10-4737GA50RUS. I agree that I don't know why it is needed but it always starts when I run the install program.[ I purchased the dowload today and had to download two files, this one and the content one and I start with the suite file.

quote name=grandpabruce' date='Mar 3 2008, 06:49 PM' post='190266]

PGP? What is it, and why is it running when you are trying to install a program? Shut it down.

It was a part of the downloaded file "RoxioEMCSuite10-4737GA50RUS. I agree that I don't know why it is needed but it always starts when I run the install program.[ I purchased the dowload today and had to download two files, this one and the content one and I start with the suite file.

I sure don't remember seeing PGP startup. What do you mean by it instructing you to set up keys? Do you mean entering your key code?

Noe the key to run the program. In my opinion it's an independent program that seems to be a part of the installation wizard. If I instruct the progran to abort, it shuts down the EMC installation wizard. I have never seen this on any Roxio program (the last version I had was MyDVD9. I downloaded after purchase from the Roxio site.

I sure don't remember seeing PGP startup. What do you mean by it instructing you to set up keys? Do you mean entering your key code?

These are the two files that I downloaded. The second one start with an unzip for the EMCsuite 10 and then starts the PGP program

Easy Media Creator 10 Suite - ESD UG/EM

RoxioContentCDv10_SQA.exe

RoxioEMCSuitev10_4737GA50R05.exe

Noe the key to run the program. In my opinion it's an independent program that seems to be a part of the installation wizard. If I instruct the progran to abort, it shuts down the EMC installation wizard. I have never seen this on any Roxio program (the last version I had was MyDVD9. I downloaded after purchase from the Roxio site.

The only PGP that I'm aware of is for doing "Pretty Good Protection" encryption. Is there any chance you have that installed? (Check your add/remove programs list.) If so, it sounds like something in the installation is kicking it off for doing the unpacking of the program, possibly due to a file association? I haven't seen any PGP invocation in my downloads.

If you find PGP in your add/remove programs list, and you're not using it (intentionally) then you could try uninstalling it and see if that solves the problems, otherwise I'm at a loss.

Thank you for your prompt and courteous response. I called ROXIO Technical help and they advised that there is a problem with the WINZIP extractor if there is another file in the subdirector entitled setup.exex from another program. I put the two downloaded files into a separate folder and all worked well. You may want to post this should someone else run into the same problem.

Thanks Again.

Barry

The only PGP that I'm aware of is for doing "Pretty Good Protection" encryption. Is there any chance you have that installed? (Check your add/remove programs list.) If so, it sounds like something in the installation is kicking it off for doing the unpacking of the program, possibly due to a file association? I haven't seen any PGP invocation in my downloads.

If you find PGP in your add/remove programs list, and you're not using it (intentionally) then you could try uninstalling it and see if that solves the problems, otherwise I'm at a loss.

Thank you for your prompt and courteous response. I called ROXIO Technical help and they advised that there is a problem with the WINZIP extractor if there is another file in the subdirector entitled setup.exex from another program. I put the two downloaded files into a separate folder and all worked well. You may want to post this should someone else run into the same problem.

Thanks Again.

Barry

Thanks for letting us know the answer you got. At the very least we'll file this away in our collective memories for future reference!