• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

[mydvd] - Disappointing Result.

gold512

Question

Ok, i manage to sort out the DVD Menus, now once i burn i wait for 4 hours... and i end up with a really bad quality output. Edges are images are not smooth, its much more darker etc...

I use the sony HDR Z1, and import and edit using adobe premiere. The quality is amazing on premiere and on output on export.

I import into roxio EMC8 {mydvd} - sort out the menus and then when i burn... the quality is gone. Is there someone who can help me out here?

3 answers to this question

Thats the silly thing really, adobe premieres best export setting is DV AVI. Apparently theres a mpeg plugin which costs another whopping £100+. Why would i spend on that when i spent my whole pocket on adobe premiere itself.

I realised about the mpeg2, and finally realised that it would re-render which is just silly.

Adobe premiere has no dvd authoring abilities. I have to export then i can use adobe encore. But thats too confusing (waste of money again) so i thought i try emc8. My heads spinning! This video editing stuff really is difficult lol.

I own Adobe Premiere Elements 1 & 2 and both had basic DVD authoring. Odd that the more expensive version wouldn't. Elements will also export to several formats.

I realised about the mpeg2, and finally realised that it would re-render which is just silly.

MyDVD SHOULD NOT re-render any MPEG2 file that is DVD compliant. This is called smart render and it works fine for me. I sometimes use a set top DVD recorder to record TV shows , etc., and then import the files using Media Import. I use another program to cut out the commercials and burn in MyDVD. MyDVD does NOT re-render the video although it will transcode the audio to AC3 for me. I lose no quality at all.

Try a simple test file like 10 min video. Export the file from Premiere as MPEG2 @8Mbps using AC3 audio. Then use that file in a MyDVD project and burn to video folder. When it 'renders', you should see a gray box with the word MPEG that indicates smart render is working.

As an alternative, ditch Premiere and learn how to use Videowave. It may not be as powerful as Adobe Premiere, but still has alot to offer. You shouldn't have any trouble capturing with Media Import via firewire with you camcorder. I couldn't find your model on teh Sony website, but appears to be a HD version. I would be interested in knowing how well it works with Media Import.

Archived