• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
enjoiskate8

Tivo Recordings

Question

I have had nothing but trouble with this program. If you are debating buying it DONT.

First, the program freezes while burning any dvd. Ok no big deal, I had to update everything and create a new username where I could reinstall the PX Engine.

Then Videowave is ridiculously slow while trying to edit commercials out of tivo files. So I convert tivo files to mpeg2 so that I can edit them much quicker. I dont know why but it works alot better.

Now I try and burn the edited mpeg2 file to DVD+R. It looks like its working and bang I get the 80004003 error message. I look into it and it turns out that other people had problems burning mpeg files to DVD+R files. So I try to burn the same file to a dvd+RW and I get the original error and the program freezes. I enter (c:\windows\system32\regsvr32.exe msxml3.dll) into the run box under start on windows XP. After entering that I try and burn the mpeg2 file to the DVD+R again and get the same 80004003 message.

Now I was going to try burning a tivo file to the DVD+R and as soon as I select any tivo selection (movie or tv show) it says that they are protected by Digital Rights Managment. I now get this error message in any Roxio program. I never got this error before and this was the whole reason I payed for the program that tivo said would work.

So whats the deal with Digital Rights Managment? I havn`t read any other posts about it and it just started now. Everything on my tivo has the same message. What do I do about this, tivo was the one who recommeded Roxio in the first place.

1 answer to this question

I have had nothing but trouble with this program. If you are debating buying it DONT.

First, the program freezes while burning any dvd. Ok no big deal, I had to update everything and create a new username where I could reinstall the PX Engine.

Then Videowave is ridiculously slow while trying to edit commercials out of tivo files. So I convert tivo files to mpeg2 so that I can edit them much quicker. I dont know why but it works alot better.

Now I try and burn the edited mpeg2 file to DVD+R. It looks like its working and bang I get the 80004003 error message. I look into it and it turns out that other people had problems burning mpeg files to DVD+R files. So I try to burn the same file to a dvd+RW and I get the original error and the program freezes. I enter (c:\windows\system32\regsvr32.exe msxml3.dll) into the run box under start on windows XP. After entering that I try and burn the mpeg2 file to the DVD+R again and get the same 80004003 message.

Now I was going to try burning a tivo file to the DVD+R and as soon as I select any tivo selection (movie or tv show) it says that they are protected by Digital Rights Managment. I now get this error message in any Roxio program. I never got this error before and this was the whole reason I payed for the program that tivo said would work.

So whats the deal with Digital Rights Managment? I havn`t read any other posts about it and it just started now. Everything on my tivo has the same message. What do I do about this, tivo was the one who recommeded Roxio in the first place.

Ask Tivo about the DRM. It seems that one of the newer Tivo programs (?) has resulted in folks getting the DRM message.