• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Audio And Video Out Of Sync

toddang

Question

I have one 4GB file that I’ve burned to DVD. The sound is in sync at the beginning of the video, but slowly goes out of sync as it plays. At the end the sound lags the video by 3 or 4 seconds.

I’ve played the MPG and the original AVI file on my PC. The sound is in sync for both. So, I know the problem is in the burning process. The AVI file is many short AVI’s edited into one large file using VideoWave.

Does anyone know of a solution?

5 answers to this question

Do a search of these forums for some possible solutions.

I have the same problem. It seems to be, for me, the problem is with outputting from Videowave. Everything is fine until I look at the rendered video. It slowly goes out of sync. It's really frustrating, and any help would be greatly appreciated. I already tried shutting everything down and just running video wave, the tranfer setting from the system menu and reallocating the virtual memory. All to no avail.

For "best" results, capture the video as an avi file rather than an mpg2 file. Using Video Wave, clear the proxy files and then render that file to mpg2 best quality (this would be only one compression rather than the two if you capture as a mpg2 also). After the render completes, see if it is still in sync. If so, open DVD Builder and create your menus. When you go to burn, burn to a iso file - do not go directly to disc or create a file. Once the iso file is created, copy it to the disc.

How long is the video file? How many edits?

I have the same problem. It seems to be, for me, the problem is with outputting from Videowave. Everything is fine until I look at the rendered video. It slowly goes out of sync. It's really frustrating, and any help would be greatly appreciated. I already tried shutting everything down and just running video wave, the tranfer setting from the system menu and reallocating the virtual memory. All to no avail.

I am working with large files. A couple of gigs each. The average edit is one cut with one picture overlay for about 10 seconds and a colorblock at the end with a dissolve transition. The audio is in sync from the captured video. I have some other clips about the same size with multiple cuts (not to get too long here, but I extracted the audio, cut in rather than overlayed the jpeg frames and put in the extracted audio for some sections) and I don't seem to have the problem. I have the feeling though that this is because the original clips + audio weren't long enough to get out of sync. The video starts off fine but then is out of sync by the end. The average length is 22-33 minutes.

I'll give your capture suggestions a try and let you know how it goes. Thanks.

I have one 4GB file that I’ve burned to DVD. The sound is in sync at the beginning of the video, but slowly goes out of sync as it plays. At the end the sound lags the video by 3 or 4 seconds.

I’ve played the MPG and the original AVI file on my PC. The sound is in sync for both. So, I know the problem is in the burning process. The AVI file is many short AVI’s edited into one large file using VideoWave.

Does anyone know of a solution?

I am also having the same problem. The audio is not insync with the video. Pictures and music are fine. Can anyone offer any help???? Please!!!!

Archived