jwells

Cineplayer - Windows Explorer Issues

Question

re: XP Pro , Windows Explorer, Cineplayer "decoder", Roxio 9 XE

I am seeing a very annoying problem everytime I use Windows Explorer and there is a video file within the directory being viewed (mpg, avi).

The Cineplayer decoder "tries" to reinstall (on the fly), over and over again for each image. And each auto-triggered reinstall has to be manually cancled.

I can not find "anywere' to disable Cineplayer or the decoder. At least least disabling it - would be less annoying

There seems to be an issue with some msi file 65a?????.msi

I tired repair - no luck.

If I had to guess, it might be a driver conflict of some type.

I even ran the upgrade again, to see if that would flush it out - no luck.

Please advise or offer suggestions

Thanks

Edited by jwells

3 answers to this question

Hello,

It looks as if you have a Windows Installer Problem. This problem is so common that Microsoft have made a Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.

Their utility can be downloaded free from Microsoft here (click). You should read and understand the instructions on their page before you deploy the utility.

Regards,

Brendon

Hello,

It looks as if you have a Windows Installer Problem. This problem is so common that Microsoft have made a Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.

Their utility can be downloaded free from Microsoft here (click). You should read and understand the instructions on their page before you deploy the utility.

Regards,

Brendon

Thank you - Thank you - Thank You - this was driving me nutty

working at lot with images and videos - every time I enter a dir with images or videos - cancel...cancel... cancel

Thank you - Thank you - Thank You - this was driving me nutty

working at lot with images and videos - every time I enter a dir with images or videos - cancel...cancel... cancel

Nope :( didn't seem to help

really seems like either a bad File association, missing file or something in registry - Opened new post with more info

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=36028