Sign in to follow this  
dirtfarmer53

I Gluess Ther Is No True Cut And Paste Useing Data Disk

Question

I have one question

when a person use easy media creator- data disk--- there is really no thing as a true cut and paste

you can cut from a hard drive folder- with files you what to save to data disk by pasting---- but the files on hard drive are really never deleted- there are still there

I guess a person has to delete them after he make a data disk

I though that one would cut from hard drive and it would disappear there and then paste to cd--

but I guess it does not work that way

3 answers to this question

Guest ml
I though that one would cut from hard drive and it would disappear there and then paste to cd--

but I guess it does not work that way

No, it doesn't.

That's a Windows feature and what you're really doing is making a Copy on the data disk. Imagine how happy you'd be if you had cut and pasted and then found out that the information wasn't really copied to the data disk.

I sometimes move the information that I want to put on a data disk to a new folder on the desktop. Then all the files I want to copy to the data disk are in one place and it's easy to delete that folder after I've written the disk and verified that the information is actually on the disk.

Edited by ml

[yes that sound the easy to do-- put in a differnt folder and away from where ther where in the first place-- no mix up--- i even try to enter same file on same disk just o make sure i had all of them

Guest ml
[yes that sound the easy to do-- put in a differnt folder and away from where ther where in the first place-- no mix up--- i even try to enter same file on same disk just o make sure i had all of them

Good idea.

Just remember that if you're writing files ( pictures, irreplaceable files) most of us recommend a second method of storage like (but not limited to) an external hard drive or online storage.

No media is guaranteed to last forever and sometimes become unreadable.

At the very least, you should burn 2 copies of a CD/DVD and store one in another offsite location.