• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Unable To Resolve"cannot Initialize Api"

gdoleboy

I have tried all the suggestions about entering in the run window and got positive results, and then restarted my computer and still when trying to access the disc copy section I still recieve the above problem. Have uninstalled and reinstalled Roxio 6. Is there Any thing that I am missing or can still do to correct my problem?

Thanks, Richard Garoppo

I have tried all the suggestions about entering in the run window and got positive results, and then restarted my computer and still when trying to access the disc copy section I still recieve the above problem. Have uninstalled and reinstalled Roxio 6. Is there Any thing that I am missing or can still do to correct my problem?

Thanks, Richard Garoppo

Well, I'm not sure what you mean by "I have tried all the suggestions about entering in the run window" and you don't mention much about your specific 6 version or your system, so take a look at these 2 links to see if they fit your sutuation. These are the 2 KB articles that came back related to the API error and v6.

If have XP

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/EE6000039

If non-XP

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/EE6000062

Or, if you formatted the disc, take the disc out of the drive and carefully place it somewhere else, such as the trashcan. Take a BLANK blank, directly out of the package or off the spindle, and put it in the burner. DO NOT FORMAT.

The program should now work if "Basic False Analogy" was the problem.

Lynn

• 5 weeks later...

I just got around this same problem, but it was no easy task. I too had no luck with all the suggested fixes. The roxizap program leaves close to 200 Roxio entries in my registry. I used a registry maintenance program to find and remove most of them, but 44 did not have the right permissions set to allow deletion. I deleted them manually by running regedit and searching for "roxio". I had to change the permission settings on each entry before I could delete it. Then I did a repair installation of Windows (installed to the existing directory) and reinstalled ECDC6. I installed all the updates before I started any of the programs, and now they will all open. If you try this, be sure to make a backup copy of your registry before you start editing it in case you mess it up. Good luck!!

Archived