New Dvd Builder In Version 8

sheabo35

Question

4 answers to this question

No, in fact, it's much better in so far as you can actually select the bitrate settings you want as well as audio. It also now has 16:9 support.

Thanks, just what I'm looking for.

Now, if I have a project that is 6.5 GB and want to put it on a 4.7GB, does the "fit to disk" option lock out any customization or would a better method be to not use the "fit to disk" and play with the bitrate and resolution until it fits? Right now with EMC 7.1, the only way to completely use the disk space is to burn as an ISO and then burn the ISO to disk. I think I'm getting a better burn than the "low" setting on the "Fit to Disk".

Tim

Thanks, just what I'm looking for.

Now, if I have a project that is 6.5 GB and want to put it on a 4.7GB, does the "fit to disk" option lock out any customization or would a better method be to not use the "fit to disk" and play with the bitrate and resolution until it fits? Right now with EMC 7.1, the only way to completely use the disk space is to burn as an ISO and then burn the ISO to disk. I think I'm getting a better burn than the "low" setting on the "Fit to Disk".

Tim

What I have done many, many times is set to best quality (not fit to disc) then burn to an ISO file and burn that file to disc with Disc Copier which will transcode at the best possible quality to fit to disc. I've found that the final quality is better than fit to disc but that could be my imagination. I've successfully done this with files as large as 7.4gb with very acceptable quality on my 32" tv.

What I have done many, many times is set to best quality (not fit to disc) then burn to an ISO file and burn that file to disc with Disc Copier which will transcode at the best possible quality to fit to disc. I've found that the final quality is better than fit to disc but that could be my imagination. I've successfully done this with files as large as 7.4gb with very acceptable quality on my 32" tv.

Thanks Paul. Appreciate your help

Tim

Does the new DVD Builder in Version 8 still have the same 4 restictions on output that previous versions have - Best, Good, Medium and Low or do you now have total control of the output resolution and bit rate.

Thanks

Tim

No, in fact, it's much better in so far as you can actually select the bitrate settings you want as well as audio. It also now has 16:9 support.

post-79-1142977986.jpg

Archived