• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Capture Off Antenna - When Will Digital Be Added?

nottenst

Question

I just installed Easy Media Creator 10 and I was disappointed to see that in the video capture options off of my video tuner board that only analog video was available. I can receive the ATSC signals from my antenna, but Easy Media Creator doesn't appear to have that option. With analog signals going away in less than a year this makes this part of the product obsolete very quickly. Will there be a correction to add this ability soon?

Thanks,

Neil

10 answers to this question

That is a function of the video tuner card. The digital signal is being converted to analog on the card. I know the Happauge card that I had for a few days wouldn't capture digitally. I agree - cut out all the D/A and A/D. Maybe we will see cards like this in the future.
I don't understand that. Outside of EMC10 I can tune in to digital stations with the Hauppauge 1250 card (and I can capture in Windows Media Center), but I can't do it with the video capture option in EMC10.

Neil

I am running Win Vista Ultimate with EMC 10 and a TV Wonder 650 Pro capture card. I have used this setup successfully to capture video via the S-video and composite jnput selection. There is an option to select the 650's analog tuner but not the digital tuner. I can use the Digital tuner with Win Media center and the ATI app Catalyst Media Center to watch TV. This to me means that the drivers are there, but I may be wrong. I also would like to know when This tuner will be supported. I also agree that if only one tuner can be supported it should be the digital one.

Roxio does not write drivers nor does it access any hardware directly. Make sure you have the latest Hauppauge drivers for your card. Did you check the inputs drop down list in Media Import?
It had the same list that you have in the image. Just the one video tuner. Strangely enough on the device it doesn't list the actual device I have, but Hauppauge WinTV 885 (not 1250). But maybe it just recognizes it as such. I did install the latest drivers from the Hauppauge site.

Neil

Sounds more like just the analog side of the card. The reason I returned the HVR1600 was because I couldn't use both tuners at once. I could watch HiDef or I could watch analog, but I couldn't record one and watch the other. Kind of silly. Why have two tuners then? I don't remember trying anything with EMC 10 when I had that card.

I just installed Easy Media Creator 10 and I was disappointed to see that in the video capture options off of my video tuner board that only analog video was available.
That is a function of the video tuner card. The digital signal is being converted to analog on the card. I know the Happauge card that I had for a few days wouldn't capture digitally. I agree - cut out all the D/A and A/D. Maybe we will see cards like this in the future.

Just to clarify my Mar9 statement, here is a quote from Hauppauge tech support on their HVR series:

"All of our HVR product line cards do an analog to digital MPEG2 conversion of all inputted media before sending it to the hard drive, but for most digital signal it is recorded AS IS unless specified in the MPEG configuration inside of our WinTV application ."

That doesn't say anything about Media Center or capturing through other applications. He wasn't too clear on that last part, but I assume he was talking about if you changed the bitrate or something like that.

That sounds like a driver issue. XP or Vista? Besides Videowave and MyDVD can use dvr-ms files just fine - even hidef ones.
Vista. I'd just prefer in some cases to just use the one program rather than capture with one and manipulate with another. If have to capture with WMC then manipulate the file in EMC, that's okay. It mostly seemed strange that when I brought up the video capture option it didn't appear to give any option for getting the digital signals off the antenna - just the analog ones.

Thanks,

Neil

Archived