• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Device Listed In Plug And Burn But ...

norgoth

Question

Using the fireware connection, Capture Video application lists my Canon HV20 just fine. However, when I start the application Plug and Burn, the device is not listed at all. I cannot get Plug and Burn to recognize the fact that I have the HV20 connected to my computer. Any thoughts please?

In the title I did not mean Convert Video, I meant Capture Video.

7 answers to this question

Using the fireware connection, Capture Video application lists my Canon HV20 just fine. However, when I start the application Plug and Burn, the device is not listed at all. I cannot get Plug and Burn to recognize the fact that I have the HV20 connected to my computer. Any thoughts please?

Plug and burn is dependent on the computer hardware.

Have you actually used Capture to import the video from your camcorder? Some people have to Capture, then put the video on a MyDVD menu and burn separately.

Ok, I got it now. The Plug and Burn application will not recognize the type of file the video is recorded in when recorded in HD. When I switched the recording to sd, the Plug and Burn application recognized the hv20 as a dv device and had no problem burning directly to the dvd. This could have something to do with the type of burner I have, etc. As ml pointed out earlier, P and B is computer hardware dependent. Since my computer burners cannot burn in a hd format it might be the reason why P and B does not recognize the file. Maybe P and B will only recognize the file if there is a viable connection between the file format and the burner compatibility. I guess this makes sense, since P and B probably does no on the fly encoding.

Ok, I got it now. The Plug and Burn application will not recognize the type of file the video is recorded in when recorded in HD. When I switched the recording to sd, the Plug and Burn application recognized the hv20 as a dv device and had no problem burning directly to the dvd. This could have something to do with the type of burner I have, etc. As ml pointed out earlier, P and B is computer hardware dependent. Since my computer burners cannot burn in a hd format it might be the reason why P and B does not recognize the file. Maybe P and B will only recognize the file if there is a viable connection between the file format and the burner compatibility. I guess this makes sense, since P and B probably does no on the fly encoding.

Probably… Since P&B will not proceed past Step One until there is a valid disc in the drive, your conclusion makes sense.

Archived