• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Wav Error

nosnibo1

Question

Video Wave opens and everything runs fine untill after adding a few video and and text screens I keep getting an error and the program has to close losing all the stuff I had done arleady. The error is repeatable no matter what I do. I have no idea what is going on....anyone have an idea?? :)

15 answers to this question

Updated all the stuff yall said. Now when I open video wave some DAO thing trys to start up and then an error occurs something like error 1706 No valid sorce.....then another window poped up for a few seconds and went away all I saw was DAO.msi....it all goes away and trys about 3-5 times....im getting really confused and frustrated with all this stuff....

Ok....so error seems to only occur while adding/editing text....but it always happens after ive done a few slides of text already not when I do it the first time. I do nothing differnt and it almost always happens at the same time.... Any help from anyone?

Video Wave opens and everything runs fine untill after adding a few video and and text screens I keep getting an error and the program has to close losing all the stuff I had done arleady. The error is repeatable no matter what I do. I have no idea what is going on....anyone have an idea?? :)

What is the error message? Please post your system specs especially your video card info.

Also, look under Tools/Options and see what your rendering is set for. If it's not set for Hardware, see if you can change it to Hardware.

See this tech note for a possible similar problem and answer.

What is the error message? Please post your system specs especially your video card info.

Also, look under Tools/Options and see what your rendering is set for. If it's not set for Hardware, see if you can change it to Hardware.

See this tech note for a possible similar problem and answer.

Not to sure how to tell what the error is but if this is thr wrong thing you may have to tell me how to get it...

AppName: videowave8.exe AppVer: 8.5.0.0 ModName: vcptextoverlay.dll

ModVer: 8.0.5.41 Offset: 00015030

Got:

Pentium 4 1.7ghz

Gig of ram

Video card is ATI Radeon X700PRO 256mb

Also it is set to hardware.

I figure most of that stuff is fine. I have never had this problem with 7 and I just got 8.

Maybe yall can make something out of this...Thanks for helping.

Ive also already downloaded that hot fix before I posted and it didn't change anything.

LOCALS~1\Temp\9d12_appcompat.txt is part of the file name that it asks to send with the error report...I dont know if that could help yall figure something also.

Appcompat.txt is not an error but you should be able to open that txt file with notepad and maybe get information about your error.

And, Gary's suggestion of updating your video drivers and DirectX is a good one. Let us know what's been done about that and the info you can get from the appcompat file.

Just make sure you have the latest ATI drivers and DirectX if you haven't done that yet.

I did a scan and for some reason neither Direct X or the Drivers are up to date. I know how to do the Direct X but the ATI site is confusing....idk what im clicking on..

Not to sure how to tell what the error is but if this is thr wrong thing you may have to tell me how to get it...

AppName: videowave8.exe AppVer: 8.5.0.0 ModName: vcptextoverlay.dll

ModVer: 8.0.5.41 Offset: 00015030

Got:

Pentium 4 1.7ghz

Gig of ram

Video card is ATI Radeon X700PRO 256mb

Also it is set to hardware.

I figure most of that stuff is fine. I have never had this problem with 7 and I just got 8.

Maybe yall can make something out of this...Thanks for helping.

Ive also already downloaded that hot fix before I posted and it didn't change anything.

Yep, looks like you're good. I always suggest having the latest drivers for you vid card just in case too.

It might be a problem with one of the video files or a transition. Does this happen only when you add a certain file or any file and always at the same spot?

Usually happens when im editing text or adding text to a blank slide. Actually I guess now that I think it about its always been when im messing with the text. So...any sugestions of what I could do. Ive already tried uninstalling and re-installing it...

Usually happens when im editing text or adding text to a blank slide. Actually I guess now that I think it about its always been when im messing with the text. So...any sugestions of what I could do. Ive already tried uninstalling and re-installing it...

LOCALS~1\Temp\9d12_appcompat.txt is part of the file name that it asks to send with the error report...I dont know if that could help yall figure something also.

Archived