• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cineplayer

Starstruck

Question

4 answers to this question

Thanks for your help but nothing works. I removed CinePlayer Decoder Pack but it still opens up when I insert a DVD, and I get a "Preparing to install" popup! I can't use the "File, select Open With" trick because I am talking about DVDs, not files. I REALLY need to make CinePlayer go away altogether! Any other ideas would be most appreciated!

Kay

How do I make CinePlayer DVD Decoder go away? It has taken over as the default DVD player and I can not use my disposable video camera files as I previously could (emailing, saving to hard drive, etc.)

In Xp click start, control panel, add remove programs. Highlight Cine Player Decoder Pack, click remove, follow the prompts. Does that help in anyway?

cd

How do I make CinePlayer DVD Decoder go away? It has taken over as the default DVD player and I can not use my disposable video camera files as I previously could (emailing, saving to hard drive, etc.)

If, however you just don't want CinePlayer as the default player, just change the file association. Right click on a file, select open with, navigate to the program you want to use and put a check mark in always use this program.

To get it to stop trying to start when you put a DVD in try this:

Open My Computer

Right click your DVD drive and hit properties

Click on the AutoPlay tab

In the dropdown choose DVD movie

Now choose the application you want to use to play movies or choose Take no action.

If you do this it should automatically open the app you chose.You can also click the button that says "Prompt me each time..." and you'll get a box asking you what you want to do.

Archived