• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Key Code And Style Menus

totallycool

Question

this is interesting. have a Dell 1720 - just purchased december / january. It has Roxio 9.0 DE - which (when i brought the computer) i understand is the "Deluxe Edition" - now the problem is two.

One when i attempt to create a dvd style menu - i am only getting 3 menu chocies (only 3 background scenes - a forest, a beach, and something else). when the Roxio 9.0 programs "initializes" loads - for a few second i see options like Cine and all the other apps --- but then it all disappears and i only get a 3 chioce limited menu - also the add "motion" buttons are not lit or working either. can someone tell me why a "DE" edition is not working at full function and seems to be working like some kind of cheap trial version or something. Like i said this is supposed to be a full function "9.0 DE"edition.

Now that issue may be related to this.

second -

CHECK THIS OUT. When i load the installion program - it asks for the key code - which according to this forum and everywhere else it says - that code is the numbers on the back of the original Roxio Disc Envelope. EXCEPT there are more mubers and letters there then asked for where ya enter the key in the installation.

When i install .... on its own - numbers appear in the key code slots ... the program puts its own number in the slots - but again WHEN INSTAALED with those number it does not operate, it appears, as a Full function program.

the key code ask for 3 groups of 4 numbers each and one slot that take 5 characters - total 17 characters ...

which are the numbers on the envelope that are the key code ????????

also when roxio puts its own numbers in automatically it puts 3 groups of 4 numbers each and the last window has the word "agree" in it. None of these numbers match the code on the back of the ORIGINAL envelope the program disc came in.

Plus the envelop code starts with a "US - hyphen+ and then numbers" - a total 18 letters and numbers (without the "US" ;etters included).

still can not figure out which are the numbers they're asking for in the key code. I am not new to this stuff. but none of it makes sense. 18 letters and numbers as a key code plus the "us" beginning - but the key code boxes upon installion only let 17 characters in.

okay can someone tell me how to get this program working as FULL FUNCTION. thanks.

i have used sonic mydvd an earlier version on my other laptop for a year and a half with no problem and like it. so what is the problem here ???? appreciate any intelligent input : )

4 answers to this question

this is interesting. have a Dell 1720 - just purchased december / january. It has Roxio 9.0 DE - which (when i brought the computer) i understand is the "Deluxe Edition" - now the problem is two.

One when i attempt to create a dvd style menu - i am only getting 3 menu chocies (only 3 background scenes - a forest, a beach, and something else). when the Roxio 9.0 programs "initializes" loads - for a few second i see options like Cine and all the other apps --- but then it all disappears and i only get a 3 chioce limited menu - also the add "motion" buttons are not lit or working either. can someone tell me why a "DE" edition is not working at full function and seems to be working like some kind of cheap trial version or something. Like i said this is supposed to be a full function "9.0 DE"edition.

Now that issue may be related to this.

second -

CHECK THIS OUT. When i load the installion program - it asks for the key code - which according to this forum and everywhere else it says - that code is the numbers on the back of the original Roxio Disc Envelope. EXCEPT there are more mubers and letters there then asked for where ya enter the key in the installation.

When i install .... on its own - numbers appear in the key code slots ... the program puts its own number in the slots - but again WHEN INSTAALED with those number it does not operate, it appears, as a Full function program.

the key code ask for 3 groups of 4 numbers each and one slot that take 5 characters - total 17 characters ...

which are the numbers on the envelope that are the key code ????????

also when roxio puts its own numbers in automatically it puts 3 groups of 4 numbers each and the last window has the word "agree" in it. None of these numbers match the code on the back of the ORIGINAL envelope the program disc came in.

Plus the envelop code starts with a "US - hyphen+ and then numbers" - a total 18 letters and numbers (without the "US" ;etters included).

still can not figure out which are the numbers they're asking for in the key code. I am not new to this stuff. but none of it makes sense. 18 letters and numbers as a key code plus the "us" beginning - but the key code boxes upon installion only let 17 characters in.

okay can someone tell me how to get this program working as FULL FUNCTION. thanks.

i have used sonic mydvd an earlier version on my other laptop for a year and a half with no problem and like it. so what is the problem here ???? appreciate any intelligent input : )

You have a OEM version. Most oem's are a stripped down version of the full retail Roxio version.

Check with Dell it is THEIR software.

Most users on here have the full retail version from Roxio and have no idea what Dell includes with their version.

You have a OEM version. Most oem's are a stripped down version of the full retail Roxio version.

Check with Dell it is THEIR software.

Most users on here have the full retail version from Roxio and have no idea what Dell includes with their version.

thanks for the reply.

my understanding is --- it is a full version. supposed to make dvd's with that "professional hollywood" look (haha)

i think the answer to my quest is not the program - it is ... WHICH ARE the "KEY CODE" numbers on the back of the envelope ??? if i resolve that i would think the rest will resolve. the install code windows ask for (i think (am i wrong) 17 letters and characters ...

but it seems there are 18 or more letters and characters on the envelope. no matter what combination of them i use it just says invald key code. so which is the right ones - if supposedly, as all the documentation here and on trhe roxio site say those are the key code numbers on the packaging.

plus i see all the applications upon the 9.0 loading. but then it all disappears and goes to the limited menu. And shouldn't i be able to add my own background picture on the menu ?

if everything is on the program install disc how do i get it to install or work. those numbers on the back of the envolope are supposed to be the key code. but they do not seen to work. am i doing something wrong. or is this just another screw up by Dell ? what a horrid company. after spending over 26 hours on the phone with them being bounced from one outsource tele operator to another in 4 difference countries -- this is not good. now i think it is about figuring out any problems without them. thanks for the help.

Just to add to what Ogdens said, the DE means Dell Edition, not Deluxe Edition.

So is it that all Dell users are told they are receiving a full version when in fact they get a limited version that only allows 3 menu style types ??? Am i understanding this right ? Trust me i grilled Dell well on this -- because i wanted a full version, not the nonsense i'm getting.

Appreciate the input on all this. going to write a story on Dell. a tell all. Michael Dell: Grinch or Guru ? a real question. outsourcing shuffle. like i said - spent (more than) 26 hours with dell on the phone - stopped counting when i reached 27 hours.

now one more question - according to Roxio ... the key code appears in "my account" next to the version i have. still those numbers do not match the key code numbers on the software envelope and those numbers also have 18 letters and characters when the key code only accepts 17 ... what is that about ???

Funny because the Dell laptop my associate bought about 2 years ago has MyDvd record from sonic and is a full operating version. been using that for all this time. no problem. that was a full version -with motion style menus etc.-and they claim this tha came with the 1720 is too -- but it is not. does not make sense.

Archived