• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Video Capture From Camcorder Option

FrustratedinLa

Question

I am trying to capture video from my Panasonic DV camcorder to my PC with Creator 10. The only option I get under the video section is my tuner. It is as if it does not even know my camcorder is there. I am using a USB connection. I have a USB and a ? (i DV) connection on my camcorder and USB and a 1394 connection on my PC. I also have an S-Video connection on each. Any advice anyone. Thanks.

3 answers to this question

Guest RCD74
I am trying to capture video from my Panasonic DV camcorder to my PC with Creator 10. The only option I get under the video section is my tuner. It is as if it does not even know my camcorder is there. I am using a USB connection. I have a USB and a ? (i DV) connection on my camcorder and USB and a 1394 connection on my PC. I also have an S-Video connection on each. Any advice anyone. Thanks.

You must use a firewire connection to capture your video from the dv camcorder. As discussed in a recent thread here, make sure you check if you have 4-pin or 6-pin outlet on your computer. Your camcorder is probably 4-pin so you will need either a 4-pin to 4-pin or 4-pin to 6-pin connection. Also, make sure you buy a good firewire cable. I have a Belkin (thanks to Grandpa Bruce) and it works like a charm!! The USB cable that comes with your camcorder is most likely for transferring still photos from the camcorder to the computer. Hope that helps!

Rachel

Archived