• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Importing .vob Files

newt1

Question

I have a lot of my home movies on a CD in a Video TS format. I keep getting the message on Toast 8.0 that VTS_01_0.VOB is a non supported format. I have tried pretty much all the suggestions on this list but it still won't work. The files are not encrypted. Any suggestions?

2 answers to this question

Do not drag VOBs to the Toast Video window. Instead, place the VIDEO_TS folder on the desktop or in the Movies folder (but not inside any other folder). Choose DVD with the top button of the Toast Media Browser. You should be able to figure out how to get to the titles and chapter levels of the content from your VIDEO_TS folder that appears in the browser window. Now drag the titles or chapters you want from the browser window to the Video window with DVD video selected as the format. After Toast extracts the MPEG files from the VIDEO_TS you can make a new DVD or export to other formats.

Do not drag VOBs to the Toast Video window. Instead, place the VIDEO_TS folder on the desktop or in the Movies folder (but not inside any other folder). Choose DVD with the top button of the Toast Media Browser. You should be able to figure out how to get to the titles and chapter levels of the content from your VIDEO_TS folder that appears in the browser window. Now drag the titles or chapters you want from the browser window to the Video window with DVD video selected as the format. After Toast extracts the MPEG files from the VIDEO_TS you can make a new DVD or export to other formats.

It's working fine now. Thanks so much for your help.

Archived