Help With Menus?

MJHartsough

Question

I just created my first DVD production, and I spent most of the day "wrestling" with the menus.

In the latest version of my production, the menus start with a single button that I have to click to get to the rest of the menus. This is actually an improvement over earlier attempts. :)

Once I get to the "main menus", everything appears to work ok.

I'm hoping someone can tell me what I can do so that the startup screen contains the first set of buttons.

The structure looks like:

Project Name

Intro Movie (None)

"Start" Screen

Button: "Click Here To Enter Menu"

First Half (the first "My Menu")

Play All

Intros

Photo Op

Game Start

-> Next

Second Half

etc.

I would like for the menus (starting with "First Half") to appear on the "start screen", but I seem to get just one button, that I have labeled "Click Here to Enter Menu".

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Mike

1 answer to this question

I just created my first DVD production, and I spent most of the day "wrestling" with the menus.

In the latest version of my production, the menus start with a single button that I have to click to get to the rest of the menus. This is actually an improvement over earlier attempts. :)

Once I get to the "main menus", everything appears to work ok.

I'm hoping someone can tell me what I can do so that the startup screen contains the first set of buttons.

The structure looks like:

Project Name

Intro Movie (None)

"Start" Screen

Button: "Click Here To Enter Menu"

First Half (the first "My Menu")

Play All

Intros

Photo Op

Game Start

-> Next

Second Half

etc.

I would like for the menus (starting with "First Half") to appear on the "start screen", but I seem to get just one button, that I have labeled "Click Here to Enter Menu".

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Mike

It seems that you have added an extra submenu. While it is possible to drag and drop and delete to rearrange the structure, I would just recreate the menu instead. From this excellent primer, http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=15366:

"11) Add the projects that you created in VideoWave. Save. Preview. adjust. Be careful about moving around the images/titles that are on the menu; sometimes this causes problems. try to add your VideoWave projects in the order you want them to appear."

Archived