• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

jwstanek

Printing Directly To Cd

Question

I am trying to print labels directly on a CD. I can do it with the software that came with my printer (Epson R1800). When I try to do it with the Roxio Label Creator and I select FILE, PRINT, then the printer (EPSON Stylus Photo R1800) as the PAPER TYPE, it won't print on the CD. Under MEDIA, when I select PRINT TO DISC, the paper type includes several printers but not the R1800. I tried selecting one of the paper types shown just to see if it would print. When I try to feed the CD in on the holder into the CD feeder, the printer won't accept it and I have to remove the CD and the printer feeds paper instead. When it does print on the paper rather than the CD, the label doesn't print in the correct location. In addition, it doesn't print the background picture.

Yes, I could use the software that came with my printer, but the Roxio software can take all of the information from the CD that I am creating and put that on the CD. If I used the Epson software, I'd have to type all of the track titles and times.

Is there a fix for this problem?

5 answers to this question

This is a correction to my question:

I am trying to print labels directly on a CD. I can do it with the software that came with my printer (Epson R1800). When I try to do it with the Roxio Label Creator and I select FILE, PRINT, it won't print on the CD. Under MEDIA, when I select PRINT TO DISC, the paper type includes several printers but not mine (the Epson R1800). I tried selecting one of the paper types shown just to see if it would print. When I try to feed the CD in on the CD holder (that is used with the R1800) into the CD feeder, the printer won't accept it and I have to remove the CD and the printer feeds paper instead. When it does print on the paper rather than the CD, the label doesn't print in the correct location. In addition, it doesn't print the background picture.

Yes, I could use the software that came with my printer, but the Roxio software can take all of the information from the CD that I am creating and put that on the CD. If I used the Epson software, I'd have to type all of the track titles and times.

This is a correction to my question:

I am trying to print labels directly on a CD. I can do it with the software that came with my printer (Epson R1800). When I try to do it with the Roxio Label Creator and I select FILE, PRINT, it won't print on the CD. Under MEDIA, when I select PRINT TO DISC, the paper type includes several printers but not mine (the Epson R1800). I tried selecting one of the paper types shown just to see if it would print. When I try to feed the CD in on the CD holder (that is used with the R1800) into the CD feeder, the printer won't accept it and I have to remove the CD and the printer feeds paper instead. When it does print on the paper rather than the CD, the label doesn't print in the correct location. In addition, it doesn't print the background picture.

I have a similar printer, the R800. The feed is a function of the printer drivers did you install/update them? There is a separate install for printing to disc. Make sure to follow all the instructions about loading the CD/DVD including removing paper and closing the feed door.

Remember that you have to set both Label Creator and the Epson printer to print to disc.

I don't have EMC 8 so I can't verify if Label Creator works with that printer. I have both EMC 9 and 10 and they both do. Sometimes it gets a little tricky but it does work in the end.

Edited by sknis

I tried it again and discovered that I neglected to set the SOURCE to CD in the printer properties. It finally worked!! Thanks so much for your help!!

One more thing - after verifying that everything was installed, there was still no selection in the PAPER TYPE for the Epson R1800 so I used the R800 and it worked. (I used to have an R800 and it was basically the same printer - just different width.)

Thanks for the updated result jwstanek.

I guess your R1800 is a lot newer than the printers available when EMC 8 was last updated [quite a long time ago]. That's one of the unfortunate things about getting new hardware - you either need new software too, or have to get crafty like you were :)

Regards,

Brendon