Emc Label Creator - Importing Old Styles?

nottenst

Question

I was using Easy CD Creator 5 on my old PC and liked some of disc and booklet styles from that. So far I am not as pleased with the selection in EMC 10. I was wondering if anyone knows where in the directory structure I can find the styles from C5 and then where I can place them in the EMC 10 directory structure so they would be accessible there.

Thanks,

Neil

4 answers to this question

Not even close to be compatible. However, you can copy the JPGs that were used in EMC 5 and use those in a label in EMC 10.

Finding them is another problem. I think you have to search in hidden files and folders for the .jpg files. I'd search for Roxio first and they might be in a Content folder.

You shouldn't have to put the files in the EMC10 folders. You just have to use the pictures like you would if you were adding a custom picture. Just add the Roxio pictures as you would a personal photo.

If you just want to drop the label Creator solo in XP, copy

the folder with label creator in it plus the two sub folders

underneath that onto your HD somewhere and then make a desktop

shortcut to the application.

I did copy it over. I just used EMC 10 and pulled in the image file of the style I had been using (stretching the image out to fit) and made a new style in EMC 10 and it worked quite nicely.

I tried the old Label Creator on its own, but it didn't recognize the track names which was disappointing, still it looks like EMC 10 will work for with the old images.

Neil

Archived