• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Unsupported Format

Sis. E

Question

Hi - I have been trying to burn a movie that I made with VideoWave, through MYDVD onto a DVD. It completes the job fine, but will not play on any of my DVD players. It whirs in the computer and plays a little but cuts off. What can I do? Please help me.

20 answers to this question

Ok. Thank you. I will let you know what happens.

Hi!

I just wanted to let you know that I tried to burn the DVD using 4x and it worked on the Memorex DVD-RW dvds. It would not work on the Memorex DVD-R and play, but it did play on the DVD-RWs. I had to order the Verbatim, as all the stores around me do not sell them and they are supposed to be shipped tomorrow. I will try to burn them on those as well. I still get the humming and the whirring when I try to play them in the computer but the DVD does play. Am I supposed to use a certain speed when I burn the DVD in general?

Hi!

I just wanted to let you know that I tried to burn the DVD using 4x and it worked on the Memorex DVD-RW dvds. It would not work on the Memorex DVD-R and play, but it did play on the DVD-RWs. I had to order the Verbatim, as all the stores around me do not sell them and they are supposed to be shipped tomorrow. I will try to burn them on those as well. I still get the humming and the whirring when I try to play them in the computer but the DVD does play. Am I supposed to use a certain speed when I burn the DVD in general?

The " humming and the whirring " is the drive spinning up and reading the DVD. Some drives have a option to slow the read speed down so you don't hear that watching a DVD.

The burn speed should be determined by the DVD drive and it's firmware, other factors enter into it tho, PC speed, poor media, and poor firmware support for poor media. 8X gives you a single layer 4.7gb disc in around eight minutes. If you have trouble reading the disc slow it down to 4X.

DVD-RW DVD's are a odd duck, I'm surprised the player read them!

cd

The " humming and the whirring " is the drive spinning up and reading the DVD. Some drives have a option to slow the read speed down so you don't hear that watching a DVD.

The burn speed should be determined by the DVD drive and it's firmware, other factors enter into it tho, PC speed, poor media, and poor firmware support for poor media. 8X gives you a single layer 4.7gb disc in around eight minutes. If you have trouble reading the disc slow it down to 4X.

DVD-RW DVD's are a odd duck, I'm surprised the player read them!

cd

Thanks for your help and your wisdom!

Hi - I have been trying to burn a movie that I made with VideoWave, through MYDVD onto a DVD. It completes the job fine, but will not play on any of my DVD players. It whirs in the computer and plays a little but cuts off. What can I do? Please help me.

If Videowave made it and MyDVD burned it, where does "Unsupported Format" come from?

cd

First, thanks for responding. The unsupported format is an error message that shows up on my BOSE DVD player.

You made it in Videowave and burned it in MyDVD, as a DVD correct?

Has your Bose Player read burned disc's before? Download #1 in my signature and give me the media ID (MID) of the disc's your using. Like this example type and ID click here. Or click the Disc Info tab next to Disc Quality the pic shows. That DVD -R MCC 02RG20, tells me it's a Verbatim branded -R 8x media.

cd

You made it in Videowave and burned it in MyDVD, as a DVD correct?

Has your Bose Player read burned disc's before? Download #1 in my signature and give me the media ID (MID) of the disc's your using. Like this example type and ID click here. Or click the Disc Info tab next to Disc Quality the pic shows. That DVD -R MCC 02RG20, tells me it's a Verbatim branded -R 8x media.

cd

Hello there:

You will not believe this, but for the past 45 minutes or so, I have been trying to restore my computer's video screen. Somehow when I ran that program my screen blacked out and I lost my video driver??? Anyway, it is somewhat restored right now, almost to where it was. Just seems to be a little wider than it should be. Anyway, I started to run the program to gather the info and I could not because the screen went black. Should I try it again?

CDDVDSpeed has a small footprint and should not of caused any video card/ driver problems. I don't want to cause you or your PC any more grief, only you can decide that. I think you might have other problems causing that to happen but I'm not there! I was questioning the quality of your media and need the info for that.

Would you answer the other questions in post #4?

cd

CDDVDSpeed has a small footprint and should not of caused any video card/ driver problems. I don't want to cause you or your PC any more grief, only you can decide that. I think you might have other problems causing that to happen but I'm not there! I was questioning the quality of your media and need the info for that.

Would you answer the other questions in post #4?

cd

Post No. 4???

I have watched plenty of burned DVDs in my BOSE player and also on my computer. But it seems as though ever since I upgraded to EMC 10 from 9, things just don't work the way they were. For instance, I am also having a major problem with my sound... but I figured out a way around it. Now it is just my DVD issue. What would you like me to do?

Is version 9 still on the pc? Did you do a clean uninstall of version 9 before installing version 10?

Major problems with your sound also! Your pc sounds like it worked fine before but now something has went wrong to cause all these problems. Have you updated or installed other software besides the Roxio 10?

cd

Is version 9 still on the pc? Did you do a clean uninstall of version 9 before installing version 10?

Major problems with your sound also! Your pc sounds like it worked fine before but now something has went wrong to cause all these problems. Have you updated or installed other software besides the Roxio 10?

cd

Hello there:

I apologize for taking so long to get back to you. I finally got my video graphic card right. Yes, I have had many problems since I upgraded almost a month ago. I will try and give you some background real quick. When I first upgraded, I went to edit a video in videowave and the sound was clicking,clicking,clicking. I contacted Roxio and a tech got back to me with some things to do, upgrade my sound card, my video card, the latest DirectX, none of these worked, then he said do a clean uninstall. I did that. Didn't work. I managed to convert the sound to a MPEG-2 and I got the sound to work... I just never had to do that before. I since tried to make the DVDs and now I am having a problem with the DVD. I have not installed or updated any other software other than the sound and video cards as Roxio suggested. Any other suggestions?

Are your source files the same type/kind or different from all the successful disc's made in version 9?

Are you using different brand speed of DVD disc? What is the brand name and X speed of the DVD disc's?

cd

My source files are basically the same. I use a template that I sort of set up in Videowave for my videos and I save it as a movie file. And then I add a menu and some music maybe in MYDVD and then save it as an ISO file and then I copy it to the dvd. And I also write the file to the DVD sometimes, as I am creating the ISO.

I currently have Memorex 16x DVD-R.

My source files are basically the same. I use a template that I sort of set up in Videowave for my videos and I save it as a movie file. And then I add a menu and some music maybe in MYDVD and then save it as an ISO file and then I copy it to the dvd. And I also write the file to the DVD sometimes, as I am creating the ISO.

I currently have Memorex 16x DVD-R.

I wouldn't burn to a disc while I write a ISO.

Have you used the Memorex 16x DVD-R before and made a good disc?

What X speed are you burning the disc's at?

cd

I wouldn't burn to a disc while I write a ISO.

Have you used the Memorex 16x DVD-R before and made a good disc?

What X speed are you burning the disc's at?

cd

Okay I won't burn that at the same time anymore.

I thought I did, but I guess it's possible that I never have. I generally use Sony or Staples brand or even HP. So I can't really say for sure.

As for the speed, I just use the default whatever MYDVD has. Is there a way I can check?

Well if you don't about the Memorex 16x DVD-R disc's. Try another and slow the burn speed down to 4x and see what happens.

cd

Okay. I will do that. I have to purchase some other DVDs though, so give me a day or so. I will let you know what happens. Anything else I could try?

Archived