sharding

Dao Cd Audio On Uj-867 (new Macbook Pro)

Question

Hi all. I just got a new Macbook Pro, which appears to come with a new model of optical drive -- Matshita UJ-867. I'm still using Toast 6 (which has been working fine for me, including under Leopard), and on the new machine, it won't burn audio CDs in DAO mode. It shows a dialog that says there must be a gap of 2 sectors between tracks (different from the "2 seconds before the first track" message). As it's recording, I can see it burn a track, stop, fill the buffer, burn the next track, and so on, rather than doing it all in one go. And, sure enough, when the CD is done, there are very short but still audible gaps between tracks.

So, my question is: does this work correctly in Toast 8? I'd like to hear from someone who actually has a machine with a Matshita UJ-867 who has successfully done this. Someone on the Apple discussions mentioned a different problem he's having with this drive under Toast 8, so it doesn't seem clear that even the newest version of Toast correctly supports this drive...

Thanks.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet