Is Deluxe On The Cd And/or Cd Case?

bostondriver

Question

I bought EMC9 Suite Deluxe. The Deluxe vesion came with a Dazzle, which I received. However, now that I need to use some features, e.g. Sound Soap, I can't find them.

I read elsewhere here to look for BIAS (Start->Programs->Bias) and that doesn't exist.

I tried to install / repair from CD, and can't find any way to select it for installation.

I then looked at my EMC 8 Suite Deluxe case. The case and CD explicitly had "Deluxe" on it. My EMC 9 case only has EMC 9 Suite. The word Deluxe is missing (thought the dazzle is on top of it.)

So, before killing myself looking for Sound Soap and the rest, can anyone who has EMC 9 Suite Deluxe tell me if the disk and/or case has the word "Deluxe" on it?

Thanks.

21 answers to this question

Thanks. I have no such sticker. I searched the disk and can't find anything re "soap" or Bias/BIAS/(insert other combos here)

Sknis, I wonder if you really have Deluxe.

I've opened a ticket with customer service. We'll see what they say.

I do have Sound Soap and do have the Deluxe. Are you sure you don't have EMC 10 deluxe. It came with the DVC 100 (red) but NOT Sound Soap. I cannot remember if Sound Soap came with the 9 Suite and 9 Deluxe or just with the Deluxe.

I actually have two versions of Sound Soap. One from EMC 9 and one I bought because I thought the commercial product wouls have more. Just FYI Sound Soap works well for audio files and for AVI and Mov video files. It does not work on mpg2 files because according to Bias" Those are finished files ready to be burned to disc." Recommendation: if you have audio files to clean up it is easy to use. If you want to clean up audio from a video, extract the audio from the video as a wav file and then use Sound Soap to clean it and then add the audio file back into the video.

I don't have custom one in EMC 9 Deluxe; just the the actual 52 themes that came with EMC 9 Deluxe.

For EMC 10 Deluxe, the number of installation menu styles is 77 if the menu aspect ratio in Project Settings is set to 16:9 (72 styles if aspect ratio is 4:3).

Anyway, just trying to provide the OP with another way to check the characteristic of the EMC 9 Deluxe Suite through the number of installation menu styles in MyDVD.

I only see 32.

To count, I try to "change menu style", then I see 10 rows of 3 (30), then one final row of 2; for a total of 32.

I think the regular Suite has 32 preset menu styles; the Deluxe(version 9.05) has 42 menu styles. The Deluxe version I have (version 9.1) has 52.

bostondriver: Open Roxio Home page. Click Help and select About This Software. What version does it say?

Steve, I guess that's where our discrepancy is coming from (you probably have 9.05 and I have 9.1 installed). :)

The first EMC 9 that came out was the regular Suite. The Deluxe Suite came out after.

I just received a reply to my ticket from Roxio support.

It says that the SW in EMC9 Suite is IDENTICAL to EMC9 Deluxe Suite. The only difference is the Dazzle.

Now for EMC10 this is the case from what I read on this site. For EMC9, this isn't the case. In fact, the existence of the sub forum to discuss the ADDITIONAL SW in Deluxe Suite says:

"Discussion covering the additional items included in the deluxe version including SoundSoap, SightSpeed Pro, DivX Pro, Disc Gallery, Additional DVD Styles, Additional CineMagic themes, and the Pinnacle Video Converter"

I have none of these. I paid for them. I did get the dazzle. I want the rest.

I do have Sound Soap and do have the Deluxe. Are you sure you don't have EMC 10 deluxe. It came with the DVC 100 (red) but NOT Sound Soap. I cannot remember if Sound Soap came with the 9 Suite and 9 Deluxe or just with the Deluxe.

Positive. I bought this when EMC9 first came out. I upgraded from EMC8 Suite Deluxe

Me thinks that I was shipped the wrong CD.

It says that the SW in EMC9 Suite is IDENTICAL to EMC9 Deluxe Suite. The only difference is the Dazzle.

Now for EMC10 this is the case from what I read on this site. For EMC9, this isn't the case. In fact, the existence of the sub forum to discuss the ADDITIONAL SW in Deluxe Suite says:

"Discussion covering the additional items included in the deluxe version including SoundSoap, SightSpeed Pro, DivX Pro, Disc Gallery, Additional DVD Styles, Additional CineMagic themes, and the Pinnacle Video Converter"

You need to contact Roxio Customer Support, directly.

I think the regular Suite has 32 preset menu styles; the Deluxe(version 9.05) has 42 menu styles. The Deluxe version I have (version 9.1) has 52.

bostondriver: Open Roxio Home page. Click Help and select About This Software. What version does it say?

Steve, I guess that's where our discrepancy is coming from (you probably have 9.05 and I have 9.1 installed). :)

Roxio Creator 9 Home

Version: 9.0.088

Build: 900B88F, R03

Serial Number: xx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2006

The first EMC 9 that came out was the regular Suite. The Deluxe Suite came out after.

Thanks. I knew this. :)

I ordered Deluxe Suite. It came with the Dazzle (which the Suite Only didn't come with nor was it even an option.)

What I received came with a Dazzle, but the CD and case doesn't say Deluxe on it anywhere.

There is also no Sound Soap registration key in the case.

I installed everything on the 2 CD's that I received, and no BIAS added to any of my 4 internal and 8 external hard disks.

I bought EMC9 Suite Deluxe. The Deluxe vesion came with a Dazzle, which I received. However, now that I need to use some features, e.g. Sound Soap, I can't find them.

I read elsewhere here to look for BIAS (Start->Programs->Bias) and that doesn't exist.

I tried to install / repair from CD, and can't find any way to select it for installation.

I then looked at my EMC 8 Suite Deluxe case. The case and CD explicitly had "Deluxe" on it. My EMC 9 case only has EMC 9 Suite. The word Deluxe is missing (thought the dazzle is on top of it.)

So, before killing myself looking for Sound Soap and the rest, can anyone who has EMC 9 Suite Deluxe tell me if the disk and/or case has the word "Deluxe" on it?

Thanks.

If you got the DVC 90, then you got the Deluxe version. Actually the only difference is the Dazzle device; the programs are the same. You should have the Sound Soap program but since you don't, I'm not sure what to suggest. Have you looked in the program files in Windows (explore the C: drive) to see if it is there?

Pinnacle Video Converter = Dazzle 90. So you do have one.

post-58-1205417008.jpg

CineMagic has 10 themes. My DVD has 42 themes if you want to count them.

SightSpeed ( I don't think it is the Pro) V is probably not worth the bother and can be download free from their web site.

Did you uninstall the earlier version before installing EMC 9 Deluxe? Did you get the spare CD or did you get the download? You might want to check the download file from your original purchase e-mail.

Is it possible that you downloaded and installed the EMC 9 trial version? If so, you should have received another download after you paid for the product that would have added some of those items and D2D. I hope you don't have the Digital River/Sonic/Roxio e-mail blocked.

Telling us you want them is like p... in the wind. We can't help so you need to go back to where you bought it from and talk to them.

Thanks.

My EMC 9 discs are labeled Easy Media Creator 9 Deluxe Suite on both the Program and Content discs. The box is also labeled Easy Media Creator 9 Deluxe Suite. The program disc sleeve also has a sticker with the Sound Soap CD Key on it. If I remember, it is a separate program that needs to be activated. (It's been a while though :))

SightSpeed ( I don't think it is the Pro) V is probably not worth the bother and can be download free from their web site.

Did you uninstall the earlier version before installing EMC 9 Deluxe? Did you get the spare CD or did you get the download? You might want to check the download file from your original purchase e-mail.

Is it possible that you downloaded and installed the EMC 9 trial version? If so, you should have received another download after you paid for the product that would have added some of those items and D2D. I hope you don't have the Digital River/Sonic/Roxio e-mail blocked.

Telling us you want them is like p... in the wind. We can't help so you need to go back to where you bought it from and talk to them.

I understand. I'm trying to talk to them - no luck. They don't even know their own product (hence the EMC9 Suite == Deluxe Suite messages.)

I had EMC8 Deluxe Suite, and removed it prior to EMC9 install. EMC9 install was bad (see many threads here) I removed all Roxio/Sonic code as instructed via the KB article. Both EMC8 & EMC9 are via physical CD, no download, no trials.

If this section of the board (dedicated to EMC9 Deluxe extras) existed early on, I would have caught the problem when the box arrived. In sum, I paid for Deluxe Suite, did receive the Dazzle, but received the wrong CD.

EMC10 doesn't give me some of the extras (Sound Soap) so simply upgrading to EMC10 doesn't help. A friend has Sound Soap; we were talking and he talked me into trying it to solve a problem. I checked this site and saw that I already owned it. I guess I'll be buying it again directly from the vendor.

When I bought EMC9, I was very new to all this (and in some ways, still am.) When the dazzle arrived in the box I thought I got what I paid for. Originally I did order just suite, then canceled and ordered deluxe suite. I'm sure this didn't help matters.

When the dazzle arrived, being new, I thought they got it right. My day job and family kept me from projects that needed (or want to try) things like Sound Soap, or I would have found this issue earlier. All the _misinformation_ from Sonic doesn't help re is there a difference between EMC9 Suite and EMC9 Deluxe Suite. So, being ignorant, I didn't realize I didn't get what I paid for. I haven't even tried the Dazzle yet (I bought WinTV-PVR 350 for capture.)

Being a fool, I'll probably get EMC10 shortly. Not so much because of the service and support I get from the company, but because of the help I get here. Without this type of user support, IMHO, I could even get the product installed (see above.) Besides, my teen daughter likes EMC. I bought ULead VideoStudio 11.5 Plus a few minutes ago, just to kick the tires. A few days ago DivX Pro and DivX Author. Paying for Sound Soap (again) isn't going to break the bank, it the principal.

I understand. I'm trying to talk to them - no luck. They don't even know their own product (hence the EMC9 Suite == Deluxe Suite messages.)

I had EMC8 Deluxe Suite, and removed it prior to EMC9 install. EMC9 install was bad (see many threads here) I removed all Roxio/Sonic code as instructed via the KB article. Both EMC8 & EMC9 are via physical CD, no download, no trials.

If this section of the board (dedicated to EMC9 Deluxe extras) existed early on, I would have caught the problem when the box arrived. In sum, I paid for Deluxe Suite, did receive the Dazzle, but received the wrong CD.

EMC10 doesn't give me some of the extras (Sound Soap) so simply upgrading to EMC10 doesn't help. A friend has Sound Soap; we were talking and he talked me into trying it to solve a problem. I checked this site and saw that I already owned it. I guess I'll be buying it again directly from the vendor.

When I bought EMC9, I was very new to all this (and in some ways, still am.) When the dazzle arrived in the box I thought I got what I paid for. Originally I did order just suite, then canceled and ordered deluxe suite. I'm sure this didn't help matters.

When the dazzle arrived, being new, I thought they got it right. My day job and family kept me from projects that needed (or want to try) things like Sound Soap, or I would have found this issue earlier. All the _misinformation_ from Sonic doesn't help re is there a difference between EMC9 Suite and EMC9 Deluxe Suite. So, being ignorant, I didn't realize I didn't get what I paid for. I haven't even tried the Dazzle yet (I bought WinTV-PVR 350 for capture.)

Being a fool, I'll probably get EMC10 shortly. Not so much because of the service and support I get from the company, but because of the help I get here. Without this type of user support, IMHO, I could even get the product installed (see above.) Besides, my teen daughter likes EMC. I bought ULead VideoStudio 11.5 Plus a few minutes ago, just to kick the tires. A few days ago DivX Pro and DivX Author. Paying for Sound Soap (again) isn't going to break the bank, it the principal.

I don't mean to blast Sound Soap since it works OK. Have you considered Gold Wave? You can load your video files and clean the audio. When you go to save, the program will save the audio files as wav files. You can then open your video in VideoWave, mute the native audio and add the cleaned wav file on the music or other audio track.

Sound Soap does the cleaning and adding automatically and is great if you start with an AVI or MOV file. If you have a mpg file, you have to convert it to avi and then it will be converted back to a mpg when you go to burn. That's at least one conversion too many.

I asked for the number of DVD menu styles in MyDVD because in my EMC 9 Deluxe installation, MyDVD has 52 menu styles. I wonder why you only have 42 in your version.

I asked for the number of DVD menu styles in MyDVD because in my EMC 9 Deluxe installation, MyDVD has 52 menu styles. I wonder why you only have 42 in your version.

I have 42 in EMC 9. Did you count the custom ones you made? I have 72 on EMC 10. It doesn't matter since I create my own as I need them.

Until bostondrive comes back and lets us know it becomes an esoteric exercise. :rolleyes:

I don't have custom one in EMC 9 Deluxe; just the the actual 52 themes that came with EMC 9 Deluxe.

For EMC 10 Deluxe, the number of installation menu styles is 77 if the menu aspect ratio in Project Settings is set to 16:9 (72 styles if aspect ratio is 4:3).

Anyway, just trying to provide the OP with another way to check the characteristic of the EMC 9 Deluxe Suite through the number of installation menu styles in MyDVD.

My EMC 9 discs are labeled Easy Media Creator 9 Deluxe Suite on both the Program and Content discs. The box is also labeled Easy Media Creator 9 Deluxe Suite. The program disc sleeve also has a sticker with the Sound Soap CD Key on it. If I remember, it is a separate program that needs to be activated. (It's been a while though :))

Thanks. I have no such sticker. I searched the disk and can't find anything re "soap" or Bias/BIAS/(insert other combos here)

Sknis, I wonder if you really have Deluxe.

I've opened a ticket with customer service. We'll see what they say.

I only counted the 4*3. I did not count the wide screen.

Archived