Drag-to-disc

smt

Question

7 answers to this question

Yeah this could be trouble for me then. I always leave a cdrw in the drive to backup a couple files a day. But with Drag-to-Disc missing in ROXIO 10 I can no longer do this. The CDRW says it has no room left as you might expect with D2D missing.

Ah well, back to 7.5. Or maybe I should upgrade to 8/9? Comments on that one?

Yeah this could be trouble for me then. I always leave a cdrw in the drive to backup a couple files a day. But with Drag-to-Disc missing in ROXIO 10 I can no longer do this. The CDRW says it has no room left as you might expect with D2D missing.

Ah well, back to 7.5. Or maybe I should upgrade to 8/9? Comments on that one?

No need to use D2D at all. Use Creator Classic, and you can do the same thing.

No need to use D2D at all. Use Creator Classic, and you can do the same thing.

True, you can drop off files to a cdrw/cd using CC but it seems to be a one off. It erases the cdrw, copies the files and closes it.

The abiity to add files later on is missing or am i wrong?

True, you can drop off files to a cdrw/cd using CC but it seems to be a one off. It erases the cdrw, copies the files and closes it.

I actually am not sure about the CD-RW discs. I haven't tried those in a long time, but a regular CD-R can record sessions until full, and at $0.10 or less a copy, I wouldn't even bother with CD-RW anymore.

You will be happy to know you are wrong :)

When you go to burn to a blank disc, open the burn options dialog, and make sure the box "Read-Only disc" is unchecked.

post-208-1206663220.jpg

Creator Classic will then leave the disc open after it has closed the burn session.

When you go to burn again to that disc, inserting the disc should bring this prompt from CC.

post-208-1206663327.jpg

Clicking on that icon with the green down-arrow will 'import' the previous contents into the project, and your next burn will put your new files on the disc and update the list of contents. It doesn't write a second copy of the previous files.

Whenever you do want to close the disc, check that box in the burn options dialog. If the disc is a temporary RW one, erase it when you've finished with it and want to re-use it.

Regards,

Brendon

Archived