domestictech

Burning Inability/roxio Or Hardware

Question

I have used my CD/DVD burner successfully many times in the past but it has been quite a few months since I have last used it. In the "burn setup" window Roxio DOES show my burner as (F:lite-on DVD Lh-20a1l-bl01). At first, underneath it reads "Medium not present. Tray open-unit not ready." Then the wording changes to "Audio CD-r (appendable) (1cdr 80 min.needed.)" Well... the CD IS in and there IS enough space to burn the data. What could be the problem? Could the drive be bad just like that or could it be the Roxio software? :huh:

3 answers to this question

I have used my CD/DVD burner successfully many times in the past but it has been quite a few months since I have last used it. In the "burn setup" window Roxio DOES show my burner as (F:lite-on DVD Lh-20a1l-bl01). At first, underneath it reads "Medium not present. Tray open-unit not ready." Then the wording changes to "Audio CD-r (appendable) (1cdr 80 min.needed.)" Well... the CD IS in and there IS enough space to burn the data. What could be the problem? Could the drive be bad just like that or could it be the Roxio software? :huh:

Try using the built in burning capabilities built in to XP. If you don't know how go into the Windows Help and Support

and type in......make a cd. Use a CD-RW for the test, then you can erase it after.

Edited by ogdens

Not sure how you got there but you should never get a message that says Audio Cd-r appendable.Audio cd's made with Roxio are automatically closed when the session is burned so you should never end up with an appendable disc.That's telling you that there is already data on the disc and the session needs to be imported.That doesn't happen with an Audio cd.

What kind of disc are you trying to make and which application in the suite are you using to make it?

If it is a data disc and you previously burned and left open then you need to import the previous session first.

Edited by tbrewst