• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Unable To Uninstall Sonic Dla Or Other Sonic Apps

girltech

Question

I am running Windows XP Home SP2 and I purchased a Liteon DVD+-R/+-RW drive which came with MyDVD software.

I installed the software which also installed Simple Backup, Recordnow, DLA, and Sonic update manager. The only one

that I was able to uninstall through Add/Remove was Recordnow. The others are listed but do not give an option to uninstall

at all. I am having an issue with my DVD not being recognized by other programs. It actually disappeared all together at one

point but I was able to get it back using a regedit fix having to do with resetting the upper/lower filters or some such. What I didn't

realize until the past few days that the recording tab is now missing along with the DLA tab. I can burn a dvd using CloneDVD2 but

Windows Media Player 11 doesn't recognize the drive as a burner. I can play cds and dvds also. If anyone has any ideas I would

very much appreciate it. Thanks for your time.

8 answers to this question

I am running Windows XP Home SP2 and I purchased a Liteon DVD+-R/+-RW drive which came with MyDVD software.

I installed the software which also installed Simple Backup, Recordnow, DLA, and Sonic update manager. The only one

that I was able to uninstall through Add/Remove was Recordnow. The others are listed but do not give an option to uninstall

at all. I am having an issue with my DVD not being recognized by other programs. It actually disappeared all together at one

point but I was able to get it back using a regedit fix having to do with resetting the upper/lower filters or some such. What I didn't

realize until the past few days that the recording tab is now missing along with the DLA tab. I can burn a dvd using CloneDVD2 but

Windows Media Player 11 doesn't recognize the drive as a burner. I can play cds and dvds also. If anyone has any ideas I would

very much appreciate it. Thanks for your time.

You have a OEM version, and all support comes from the oem provider (in your case Liteon). Check with them its their software.

You have a OEM version, and all support comes from the oem provider (in your case Liteon). Check with them its their software.

The MyDVD software came on its own cd rom. It is the full version of the software. How can that be oem software?

Original Equipment Manufacturers [OEMs] buy the rights to use software with their burners or computers. Often it is specially modified for them - generally with things removed but sometimes with things added from the subsequent Version - and they also accept the responsibility of supporting their special Version (which is just as well because they know what is in it).

Any software which comes "free" like you've described is OEM software - and it is NOT the full Version you can buy in a box in a store.

Lynn

Original Equipment Manufacturers [OEMs] buy the rights to use software with their burners or computers. Often it is specially modified for them - generally with things removed but sometimes with things added from the subsequent Version - and they also accept the responsibility of supporting their special Version (which is just as well because they know what is in it).

Any software which comes "free" like you've described is OEM software - and it is NOT the full Version you can buy in a box in a store.

Lynn

Ok thanks. I sent LiteOn an e-mail so hopefully they will get back to me. I just hope I don't have to reinstall Windows since I can't back up anything.

Often it is specially modified for them - generally with things removed but sometimes with things added from the subsequent Version

Did you really mean that things are added from the version which comes after them?

Does this mean an OEM version 9 would have things from version 10?

Did you really mean that things are added from the version which comes after them?

Does this mean an OEM version 9 would have things from version 10?

Roxio ECD/DVDC 6.3 had some of the Video options from EMC 7.0 - which confused things no end when questions turned up on it - V.6.3 was an OEM.

Lynn

Archived