Dvd Will Not Play On My Tv

Wojo

Question

I just purchased a new computor with Vista. I am not able to use DVD's burned using Microsoft/Vista on my television.

Today I purchased Easy CD and DVD and still have the same problem. The DVD will play on my computer but will not play on my TV. I keep getting "an incorrect disc error message."

Help! I wanted to be able to burn picutres and music on a DVD and play on the television.

Wojo

7 answers to this question

Please tell us in some detail, how you burned the DVD. What program, what method, what type of disc you used.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. Discs are Sony DVD + R (120 minutes--4.7 GB). Program is Roxio Easy CD & DVD burning and operating system is VISTA.

Wojo

Hi Wojo,

Thanks for the info, but I need to know which program in the Easy CD and DVD Burning suite you used. Please tell us in some detail, how you burned the DVD. What program, what method, what type of disc you used.

Regards,

Brendon

Hi Wojo,

Thanks for the info, but I need to know which program in the Easy CD and DVD Burning suite you used. Please tell us in some detail, how you burned the DVD. What program, what method, what type of disc you used.

Regards,

Brendon

Roxio Easy CD and DVD Burning

Version: 9.0.554

Build: 905B54T, R01

Serial Number: DELETED

Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2006

Module Name: PX Engine

Build: 3.4.45a, 3

Module Name: Roxio Core

Version: 3.4.0

Build: 340B65B,

I pulled all my pictures into the drop and drag and then clicked on burn. It did put the pictures on the disc and I tried the disc on my husband's computer but it will not work on the TV.

Thanks!

WOJO

All it says on the box is Easy CD and DVD Burning. I thought that would be the name of the program. I took the details of the version from the help box when I opened the program.

Thanks!

WOJO

All it says on the box is Easy CD and DVD Burning. I thought that would be the name of the program. I took the details of the version from the help box when I opened the program.

Thanks!

WOJO

I used create side show feature with the side show assistant. Sorry, I was thinking of the individual features within the program.

Windows Programs will have usually have their name in the upper left corner of the border…

As I mentioned, there are 21 different programs in that box and you cannot expect someone to guess which one you used…

It would appear you were using the Slideshow Assistant. I am guessing that when you got done you selected "Burn to Disc…"? (look at the picture below)

Put the disc you burned in your PC. If Explorer doesn't open, open Explorer and look at the disc.

You should see a VIDEO_TS folder. In that folder should be several files ending in VOB, BUP & IFO. (assumes you have Explorer set to show all extensions)

IF IT DOES NOT!!! Please tell us what is on that disc???

post-39730-1205343183.jpg

Archived