• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Error 5?

BiggaRob

Question

I have used Popcorn 3 previously with no problems. Today however, no such luck. I have gone through like 5 blank DVDs trying to burn a disc from a Video TS folder. After about 30 seconds, I get "Interface Error 5" it says the connection is not stable. Plese help, as I have NO idea what to do. Thank you for any and all help.

5 answers to this question

Something you might try is downloading and applying the 10.5.2 Combined System Update from Apple. In the past there have been USB and Firewire issues that appear after and incremental system update that get fixed by applying the combined system update.

I don't know what caused this for you. However, try choosing Save as Disc Image from the File menu instead of clicking the burn button. Then choose the disc image using the Image File setting to burn your DVD. You also might try a different brand of blank media or try DVD-R if you were using DVD+R or vice versa.

I tried the disc image thing, no luck. The burner doesnt work in any program now. I have Mac OSX10.5.2. Could it be a driver issue??

I tried the disc image thing, no luck. The burner doesnt work in any program now. I have Mac OSX10.5.2. Could it be a driver issue??

Open System Profiler and read the description for Disc Burning. Does it report that the drive can burn to any media? The only time I had a built-in drive that was not seen properly in System Profiler I had to reinstall my OS. Try shutting down your Mac and leaving it off for several minutes and then restart.

Open System Profiler and read the description for Disc Burning. Does it report that the drive can burn to any media? The only time I had a built-in drive that was not seen properly in System Profiler I had to reinstall my OS. Try shutting down your Mac and leaving it off for several minutes and then restart.

The drive is external, by La Cie.

System profiler says everything is fine. Burner listed, says can burn to all the right media. Thanks.

I don't know what caused this for you. However, try choosing Save as Disc Image from the File menu instead of clicking the burn button. Then choose the disc image using the Image File setting to burn your DVD. You also might try a different brand of blank media or try DVD-R if you were using DVD+R or vice versa.

Archived