• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Transitions

David Othen

Question

I have used both Video Wave 7 and VideoWave 10 on different computers and there is almost always a slight flicker before and after a transition - In VW7 there was either a dropped frame or a repaeted frame that made a moving object appear to stop or speed up. In VW10 there is a flicker before and after the transition. This also occurs with many captions.

Is there any way to avoid this?

David Othen Dartmouth.

5 answers to this question

I have used both Video Wave 7 and VideoWave 10 on different computers and there is almost always a slight flicker before and after a transition - In VW7 there was either a dropped frame or a repaeted frame that made a moving object appear to stop or speed up. In VW10 there is a flicker before and after the transition. This also occurs with many captions.

Is there any way to avoid this?

David Othen Dartmouth.

In version 10, try making the duration of the transition longer. In EMC 7, apply a 1 pixel Gaussian blur to the photos that are giving you problems. It may not be the transition between them that is causing the problem in EMC 7.

Are you seeing this in the low quality preview screen in VideoWave or once you output your production to a file of to a DVD?

In the final product whether it be a file or a DVD. It also seems to happen when text is added on top of a videoclip. It is as though one frame has been changed, lost or sometimes repeated just before the transition begins or the text appears.

In version 10, try making the duration of the transition longer. In EMC 7, apply a 1 pixel Gaussian blur to the photos that are giving you problems. It may not be the transition between them that is causing the problem in EMC 7.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I am using 2.5 seconds instead of the default of one second. How long do you suggest?

The transitions are between video clips not still photos in both VW7 & EMC10.

David Othen

Thanks for the suggestions.

I am using 2.5 seconds instead of the default of one second. How long do you suggest?

The transitions are between video clips not still photos in both VW7 & EMC10.

David Othen

Are you seeing this in the low quality preview screen in VideoWave or once you output your production to a file of to a DVD?

Archived