:roxio Emc Stream:$data

Need Help With Roxio

Question

Roxio is adding unwanted data to my photos, and probably all other media files. Acts very much like spyware and is certainly malware because I never asked it to do this and I am not able to find a solution to stopping it. I have a support ticket from Roxio but they refuse to respond. Below is the culprit and below that is the version. I don't want to un-install, just want to disable ADS. Thanks.

:Roxio EMC Stream:$DATA

Roxio Creator DE

Version: 9.0.117

Build: 901B17R, DL2

Serial Number: (removed)

Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2006

serial # removed

3 answers to this question

Roxio is adding unwanted data to my photos, and probably all other media files. Acts very much like spyware and is certainly malware because I never asked it to do this and I am not able to find a solution to stopping it. I have a support ticket from Roxio but they refuse to respond. Below is the culprit and below that is the version. I don't want to un-install, just want to disable ADS. Thanks.

:Roxio EMC Stream:$DATA

Roxio Creator DE

Version: 9.0.117

Build: 901B17R, DL2

Serial Number: (removed)

Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2006

Disable Roxwatch in msconfig.

(serial # removed)

Thanks Bruce, I see it is running in "services" along with RoxMediaDB9. Can I disable both of these and still be able to start the Roxio software manually?

Will these start again when I reboot? It does not look like I can disable them in the "startup" tab.

Yes, at least it works in my case. I actually go through Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services, and set all Roxio services to manual.

Archived