Kimmi

Popcorn 3.0.2 Unexpectantly Quits When Trying To Burn Video.ts.folders

Question

I am using Popcorn 3.0.2 on two machines. It works fine on the machine using Tiger10.4.11... but crashes with "unexpectantly quit" message on machine running Leopard. Please advise.

17 answers to this question

Check to make sure there is not an Xvid codec in a Library>QuickTime folder.

Check to make sure there is not an Xvid codec in a Library>QuickTime folder.

In my QuickTime folder I have

AppleIntermediateCodec. component

DivX 6 Decoder.component

DivX Decoder.component

In my QuickTime folder I have

AppleIntermediateCodec. component

DivX 6 Decoder.component

DivX Decoder.component

I don't know if it will make any difference, but remove the DivX 6 Decoder.component. I think you'll see that the other DivX component is newer.

You also might try trashing the com.roxio.Popcorn.plist file in your User>Library>Preferences folder and relaunching Popcorn.

My Popcorn 3.02 quits only when compressing/burning video TS folders from certain DVDs. After reacing about 20 percent of extraction/compression, Popcorn hangs and eventually crashes. I trashed the Popcorn pref file, but the problem continued. I'm running OS X 10.4.11 on a non-Intel iMac. I'd be grateful for any help.

My Popcorn 3.02 quits only when compressing/burning video TS folders from certain DVDs. After reacing about 20 percent of extraction/compression, Popcorn hangs and eventually crashes. I trashed the Popcorn pref file, but the problem continued. I'm running OS X 10.4.11 on a non-Intel iMac. I'd be grateful for any help.

Can you tell if there are any differences between the ones that work and the ones that don't? For example do the ones that don't work have PCM audio rather than AC-3 audio? If so the audio may be taking too much of the space for there to be enough room for the video compression.

All I can see inside the Video_TS folder are video files. Nothing marked audio at all.

Can you tell if there are any differences between the ones that work and the ones that don't? For example do the ones that don't work have PCM audio rather than AC-3 audio? If so the audio may be taking too much of the space for there to be enough room for the video compression.

All I can see inside the Video_TS folder are video files. Nothing marked audio at all.

Add a VIDEO_TS folder to Popcorn. In the summary you'll see a description of the audio. Is that description different for the ones that work compared with the ones that don't work?

The only difference I see is that the one that doesn't work has at least three languages on it in Dolby stereo. Would it help if I chose main audio only?

Nope. It still hangs, then crashes.

Add a VIDEO_TS folder to Popcorn. In the summary you'll see a description of the audio. Is that description different for the ones that work compared with the ones that don't work?
Edited by MassWineGuy

The only difference I see is that the one that doesn't work has at least three languages on it in Dolby stereo. Would it help if I chose main audio only?

Nope. It still hangs, then crashes.

I don't know what the problem might be but I'm suspicious there is something damaged in the VIDEO_TS folder. Here's an entirely different approach to try:

Place your VIDEO_TS folder on the desktop. Choose DVD-Video in the DVD section of Popcorn. Choose DVD with the top button of the Popcorn Media Browser. When something appears in the browser double click on it to see the individual titles that are in the VIDEO_TS folder. Drag the one(s) you want on your DVD to the main Popcorn window. Popcorn will extract the MPEG file from the VIDEO_TS. Hopefully it won't crash trying to read those MPEGs.

When done you can edit the text and choose a menu style for your DVD. If it is too big for a single-layer disc then choose Save as Disc Image. When that is done you can choose the disc image using the Image File setting and then apply the fit-to-DVD and burn your disc.

If the MPEG file is damaged in some way this still may not work.

Wow. Thank you. It may work, but I think that' more work than I want to do for just copying a DVD.

I don't know what the problem might be but I'm suspicious there is something damaged in the VIDEO_TS folder. Here's an entirely different approach to try:

Place your VIDEO_TS folder on the desktop. Choose DVD-Video in the DVD section of Popcorn. Choose DVD with the top button of the Popcorn Media Browser. When something appears in the browser double click on it to see the individual titles that are in the VIDEO_TS folder. Drag the one(s) you want on your DVD to the main Popcorn window. Popcorn will extract the MPEG file from the VIDEO_TS. Hopefully it won't crash trying to read those MPEGs.

When done you can edit the text and choose a menu style for your DVD. If it is too big for a single-layer disc then choose Save as Disc Image. When that is done you can choose the disc image using the Image File setting and then apply the fit-to-DVD and burn your disc.

If the MPEG file is damaged in some way this still may not work.

I am new to mac so please forgive my ignorance. I downloaded popcorn 3 and mactheripper. I ripped the movie just fine. I opened up popcorn 3 and selected video_ts file. I dragged the movies video_ts file into the appropriate box. Everytime I do this popcorn crashed. Can anyone help me? Thank you.

I think the only help possible is for Roxio to fix its buggy software and to stop using paying customers as guinea pigs.

I am new to mac so please forgive my ignorance. I downloaded popcorn 3 and mactheripper. I ripped the movie just fine. I opened up popcorn 3 and selected video_ts file. I dragged the movies video_ts file into the appropriate box. Everytime I do this popcorn crashed. Can anyone help me? Thank you.
Edited by MassWineGuy

I think the only help possible is for Roxio to fix its buggy software and to stop using paying customers as guinea pigs.

I'm having the same problem. I can't believe a fix doesn't exist. Does anybody have any ideas?

I'm having the same problem. I can't believe a fix doesn't exist. Does anybody have any ideas?

Is yours crashing at the time you add a VIDEO_TS folder or is at some other point? If the source is a ripped video DVD did you do a full disc extraction?

I'm running the latest Popcorn3 on iMac Intel and OS X 10.5.6.

When dropping a DVD TS folder to P3 it works fine if I leave the movie as it is with all extras etc.

If I choose the main movie P3 quits immediately after clicking the record button.

It seem to be the same problem as described earlier in the thread. Other good freeware can convert to iPod and iTV. The only reason for buying P3 is the DVD copy function. Roxio have to come up with a fix.

exactly same problem as everyone else with Popcorn 3.03 crashing every time I try to burn from a TS file.

as Roxio seem uninterested in a fix, can anyone recommend an alternative software package.