• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Free Upgrade?

doctor.dan

Question

19 answers to this question

Generally we have some sort of grace period upgrade offer. However I am not a sales rep, so I cant confirm one way or the other. I would give our sales reps a call at (866) 280 7694 (Monday - Friday, 11:00 A.M. to 11:00 P.M., EST - excluding Roxio holidays).

Are you two guys the eternal optimists?? Or have you heard of a Toast '9' upgrade that is on its way that will author Blu Rays on a Mac (Power PC or Universal)???

Are you two guys the eternal optimists?? Or have you heard of a Toast '9' upgrade that is on its way that will author Blu Rays on a Mac (Power PC or Universal)???

The reason I asked the question is because Toast 9 has been announced, but there was no info announced about recent purchasers (considering they are still selling Toast 8 after announcing the release of Toast 9, a free upgrade is a necessity…).

Has Toast 9 officially been announced? There are a bunch of articles, but I haven't seen an official press release, and I can't find it mentioned anywhere on the Roxio site (other than here in the forums). I imagine that the official announcement may include more information...

I just ordered Toast 8 from Amazon, but I'm just going to return it to them directly before opening it (unless I hear that Roxio will give me 9 for free and save me the couple of bucks of shipping costs for the return).

Any update on this? I purchased Toast 8 Titanium 6 days ago (4 work days) from Apple web store. I just called Roxio support and was told that anyone who purchased it directly from Roxio within 30 day's get's a free update, but anyone who purchased it from anywhere else is burned no matter what. Sounds like great customer support, I wonder what Apple thinks of this business model?

But maybe there is some misunderstanding?

I bought Toast 8 online Feb 15 and received an email Monday AM offering me the online upgrade for 29.99. I have not taken them up on it as yet because I am having so many problems with 8 that I hate to give them another $30 unless I know it will be an improvement.

I literally upgraded to v8 two weeks ago. A call to the phone number you supplied resulted in a person who said they don't do free upgrades within a certain grace period. John, is there a different number or department I should speak to? Or if anyone else gets any clarification, please post. Thank you!

Apparently they aren't offering any free upgrade of any kind. I just talk to what could have been in the top 5 pinheads of all times in their customer service department. If you ordered the software from Sonic/Roxio, they would refund your purchase for 30 days. But if you ordered elsewhere (ie Amazon.com) they don't offer any solution. So, apparently they don't understand the idea of a distributor. Also, isn't it an industry standard to offer free upgrades for at least 90 or 180 days? I actually made an effort to search for Toast 9 on the internet and found no mention of an upcoming release. If I had found one, I clearly never would have ordered this product, if I knew that I would have to buy an upgrade 46 days later. This is especially true since 8 was flakey at best with a Macbook Pro and Leopard, though it sounds like 9 is worse. What a lousy company. I definitely think I have purchased my last Toast product (and will be spreading a similar suggestion to other people), unless they come up with a more satisfactory response.

I literally upgraded to v8 two weeks ago. A call to the phone number you supplied resulted in a person who said they don't do free upgrades within a certain grace period. John, is there a different number or department I should speak to? Or if anyone else gets any clarification, please post. Thank you!

Don't expect a free upgrade, Roxio doesn't know those words. Sad to see such once excellent product and service degrade as of the moment Roxio acquired it.

I definitely think I have purchased my last Toast product (and will be spreading a similar suggestion to other people), unless they come up with a more satisfactory response.

This was what I was thinking too. I prefer to purchase all software I install on my computer even though it's a personal machine used only by me for recreational purposes, and even though it would be faster to just download a torrent. However it does feel bad to be duped just because I purchased the software from Apple instead of the vendor themselves. I have just recently been offered a free upgrade to three other programs I purchased that had a major update within a month.

But of course each company can decide for themselves. Some companies probably want to ensure customers keep coming back for more, others are happy to take the cash and run.

Archived