Roxio Emc 10 Install Errors (some More)

Qbert

Question

I downloaded the files, two of them, but if I try to double click the file RoxioEMCSuitev10_4737GA50R05.exe it says that it is not a valid Win32 application.

If I try to double click the file RoxioContentCDv10_SQA.exe, then it stops and says that I "must install Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 before installing the Content"

I have done the "clean install" and I have also stopped ALL programs in the Windows startup.

I read about putting them into different folders....tried that, still the same messages....

I am beginning to think the down loadable files are just messed up.

Heres a list of my system components:

ViewSonic 19in LCD VX900 Monitor

AMD 64 3500Plus Athlon 939 Processor

Antec PlusView 1000 Case (With light Kit & extra lighted fans)

Ultra X-Connect 500watt ATX PowerSupply (Titanium Green LTD Edition)

ASUS A8V Deluxe K8T800Pro Motherboard (8 ch. Sound & Network on board)

ATI A-I-W Radeon 9800 Pro 128meg 8X Video Card

Kensenton DDR 400 PC3200 (512X4) 2Gig Memory

SeaGate 160Gig 7200rpm (Primary Drive C)(80gig Win / 70gig Linux)

WesternDigital WD2500 7200rpm 250Gig (Secondary Drive D)

SeaGate 300Gig SCSI (Drive G)

WinXP Home Service Pack 2 Operating System

Mandrake Linux 10.1 Operating System (Duel Boot)

Logitech LX700 Cordess Keyboard & Mouse (optical)

Plextor PX-716A Duel Format & Duel Layer DVD Burner CD ROM (Primary E)

Plextor PX-716SA Duel Format & Duel Layer DVD Burner CD ROM (Secondary F)

Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1 Surround Speakers (500watts)

SDSL Connection (1.5Mbit) via Netopia 7100C

4 answers to this question

How can you do a Clean Install if you can't get the installer program (RoxioEMCSuitev10) to run???

It would appear that one is giving you trouble and you need to download it again.

Sorry, I prepared the computer for the 'clean install', got rid of the directories, edited the registers, etc etc....it never would install, after cleaning the old Roxio off.

Sorry again, I DID download the file that won't run at all again. But may as well try again....can't hurt.

I just wish they had a tech number to call to quickly find out what the trouble is. Instead of having to look over their FAQ's, which are no help, or sifting through all the messages on this board.

<_<

Sorry, I prepared the computer for the 'clean install', got rid of the directories, edited the registers, etc etc....it never would install, after cleaning the old Roxio off.

Sorry again, I DID download the file that won't run at all again. But may as well try again....can't hurt.

I just wish they had a tech number to call to quickly find out what the trouble is. Instead of having to look over their FAQ's, which are no help, or sifting through all the messages on this board.

<_<

What is the size of the Program file that you downloaded. It should be over 700MB.

<_<

They do, and it can be found on the following page (along with other contact methods). Keep in mind you probably would have gotten the same advise as has been posted here already. The program file needs to be downloaded again because the one you have is corrupt.

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/emc10/contact.html

Archived