Videowave8 Crash On Memory Error

jcahouston

Question

I have a bad panel in a MyDVD8 video production. I did some editing on an avi clip including slow motion. Now the production fails when I get to that panel with a VideoWave8 application error invalid memory reference and shuts down. I cannot select the panel to delete it without getting the error. I have tried adding the videowave8 exe to the DEP exception panel with no success.

Any ideas? Thanks

1 answer to this question

I have a bad panel in a MyDVD8 video production. I did some editing on an avi clip including slow motion. Now the production fails when I get to that panel with a VideoWave8 application error invalid memory reference and shuts down. I cannot select the panel to delete it without getting the error. I have tried adding the videowave8 exe to the DEP exception panel with no success.

Any ideas? Thanks

Did you move or delete the video that you did the slo-mo on? It has to be in the same place it was before.

I don't know if this will help or not but this may be some thing to try. Open Video Wave and add that project, go to the top menu and select tools, options and then clear the proxy files. While you are in the same location, put a dot near software (rendering). Try editing again. You will lose all 3D transitions if you used them.

Now would be a good time to update the drivers for your video card if you haven't done that lately.

Have you tried using Video Wave on another of the same type of avi file? What happens. If it crashes there, then a Windows Control Panel Add or remove programs >Repair would be something else to try.

Archived