• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can Videowave 9 Fix A "defective" Avi File

mykul

Question

I used a Canon Powershot A630 in to make four videos. I downloaded the videos to my computer, but one of them always fails the final processing step atYouTube after a complete upload. When I import each of the four files into Videowave (as projects) the file that fails acts differently from the other three in this way: as soon as the image opens in the project window it advances at least one frame, maybe two, and then stops. The other three videos opened and were static--no movement at all. I was hoping to use Videowave to show me if there were differences in the avi files and I believe it did. As a total, flat-out newbie I don't know what the difference is, or if I can use VW9 to fix it. What other information is needed to answer my question: Can I use VW9 to diagnose and fix the defective (I assume) file?

2 answers to this question

NO…

Nothing is going to fix what came from the camera in a 'broken' state.

I copied the original video and used Videowave 9 to convert it from MPEG4 to MPEG2 set for maximum quality. The converted file uploaded to YouTube without any trouble, but it does have a split-second "hiccup" near the beginning. I got the idea after digging into YouTube help.

Archived