• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Transferring Cds To Flash Drive

mjharvey@comcast.net

Question

Help! I'm a newbie - I'm trying to transfer audio CDs onto a flash driver to use in my car. First started in Roxio, but it didn't compress the CD and it took up too much space. Then tried ITunes, but it's not showing as readable audio. Now I'm back to Roxio - I tried it as a jukebox CD and transferring onto the USB device, but it's still not showing as readable audio. I'm clearly confused and over my head - can someone please give me easy to understand instructions on how to accomplish what I'm sure is easy for most of you! Thanks!

4 answers to this question

Help! I'm a newbie - I'm trying to transfer audio CDs onto a flash driver to use in my car. First started in Roxio, but it didn't compress the CD and it took up too much space. Then tried ITunes, but it's not showing as readable audio. Now I'm back to Roxio - I tried it as a jukebox CD and transferring onto the USB device, but it's still not showing as readable audio. I'm clearly confused and over my head - can someone please give me easy to understand instructions on how to accomplish what I'm sure is easy for most of you! Thanks!

Not being lucky enough to have a car radio that works with flash drives :P I can't say from experience but I would think simply copying them as mp3 (data cd) would be what you'd want to do. If you have the mp3's,just copy them over. If you have the cd itself, just use Music Disc Creator or Sound Editor to export to mp3 then copy them over.

Depending on the size of your flash drive you may not be able to fit a cd on it in the native audio cd format.You may have to leave off some tracks.

If your car player doesn't read mp3's then a jukebox disc won't work either.Strange if you could use a flash drive in it but not be able to play mp3's.

Like James said the first thing to see is what formats it will play and go from there.

Depending on the size of your flash drive you may not be able to fit a cd on it in the native audio cd format.You may have to leave off some tracks.

If your car player doesn't read mp3's then a jukebox disc won't work either.Strange if you could use a flash drive in it but not be able to play mp3's.

Like James said the first thing to see is what formats it will play and go from there.

I've done this using Windows Media Player to rip the CD to the hard drive in whatever format you want and then just transfer or copy them to the USB flash drive.I assume the same thing can be done by using the convert Cd in Roxio. Once they are on the hard drive, no matter how you got them there, the transfer to the flash drive is the same. My car audio was a Sony Xplode and it played the MP3 format just fine.

Archived