Sign in to follow this  
Acoustic Jukebox

Noise When Converting Wma Files On Mac

Question

When I use Toast Titanium 7.1.3 with the installed (current as far as I know) Flip 4 Mac program (downloaded from microsoft.com), I get a ton of noise on both the playback (the small play button within the toast titanium program) and on the recording...I haven't noticed this until today - I've successully burned other WMA files without a problem. The noise is like white noise but at a lower pitch and consistent through the entire recording...

I can play the files using Safari 3.0.4 or with Quicktime 7.4.1 and there is no noise....

Edited by Acoustic Jukebox

2 answers to this question

I don't have any wma files to test. However, the current version of Flip4Mac is available at www.flip4mac.com. You'll also see the pro version that sells for $29 which allows converting wmv and wma files to other formats. It may be that you need to get that version.

I don't have any wma files to test. However, the current version of Flip4Mac is available at www.flip4mac.com. You'll also see the pro version that sells for $29 which allows converting wmv and wma files to other formats. It may be that you need to get that version.

Thanks for the reply. Could I send you a small wma file to test?

Toast allows me to drag amd drop the file, and it appears in the audio pane, and it burns, but with a lot of noise. The audio preview from within the finder works fine. ITunes WONT allow mw to import the file...nothings happens on a drag and drop or an add to library.

my email address is jnconnolly1962@yahoo.com, sendme a messageandI'll reply with a smallfile.

Edited by Acoustic Jukebox