.tivo Files From Tivo Series3 Hd Only 12k

DWY

Question

Hello,

Just got my Series 3 HD and installed Tivo2Go and everything seemed to be working fine, my DVR showed up, recordings, etc. I transferred the file, but every file in the destination folder is 12k, which obviously doesn't seem right.

Any ideas?

2 answers to this question

Hello,

Just got my Series 3 HD and installed Tivo2Go and everything seemed to be working fine, my DVR showed up, recordings, etc. I transferred the file, but every file in the destination folder is 12k, which obviously doesn't seem right.

Any ideas?

I'm sure it has fixed itself for you by now -- I had the same problem -- but for those who have just gotten your TiVo, here's the explanation:

The TiVo ships with an older version of the "system software". The version on my box (8.x) wouldn't allow me to transfer files (it would stop after 10-15k). Once I force my TiVo to connect to the central server, it updated the system software (to 9.2) and everything was good.

The TiVo will update automatically after a couple of days. If you want to force it to update:

From TiVo Central, select Messages & Settings; then Settings; then Phone and Network; then Connect to the TiVo Service Now. Press SELECT to start the connection.

Then you'll have to reboot and it will install the changes.

HTH,

tim

Yes and no. A day or so later, the TIVO upgraded itself and when I try to DL the "Welcome" videos, I still get the 12k sizes, but since my original post, I've recorded a few shows and they seem to transfer just fine; so I'm assuming it's an issue with this introduction files...

Hello,

Any ideas?

Archived