• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Sonic Digital Media Plus V7...problem Backing Up Files

MyDVD6user_9

Question

I'm using Sonic Digital Media Plus v7, which came bundled with my Dell XPS 400. I've used it successfully for backing up my computer files and programs on dvd....until now. Now, when I click on "make compatible" the program crashes my computer... giving me the blue screen of death, and that screen tells me that my computer was turned off to protect it from a serious error.

Anybody out there got any ideas on how I can resolve this issue?? Since the program came bundled with the Dell, I do not have a disc to reinstall the program.

1 answer to this question

I have the same problem - when I click "Make Compatible, the system crashes with an IRQL error. I recently updated to McAffee's Norton Internet Security 2007. Another recent thing was that I updated the Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection software. The DVDs appear to be ok - I can read on this PC and on other PCs (tried several).

Further information::

I tried again and DID NOT do the Make Compatible step. I simply hit the button on the DVD drive to remove the disk and the system crashed with the error message & blue screen! After rebooting, I tried simply reading the DVD with windows explorer and was able to to do so without crashing. So it appears that simply running Roxio causes this problem with the Interrupt Request (IRQ err).

Archived