Burning Vob Files

ahamilton

Question

Hi,

I encoded a vob file and put it in a VIDEO_TS folder and tried to burn it with Roxio, but it said I had to use Disc Copier, but when I tried to select the folder with Disc Copier, OK was greyed out and I could select it.

Please could someone tell me how to burn a vob file in a VIDEO_TS folder?

Thanks,

Anthony

7 answers to this question

Hi malatekid,

I encoded an avi to vob using SUPER © which created a file called VTS_01_1.VOB which I put in a folder called VIDEO_TS.

Yes, I navigated to the VIDEO_TS folder in Media Selector, but when I clicked on it the OK button was greyed out. Nothing appeared in the right pane.

Thanks,

Anthony

That's the only file created by the software you used?

A video folder set includes more than a vob file. So the process you did does not create a DVD video folder set.

Use MyDVD (File->New project->DVD, no menu) and bring in yoour avi file. Create an image (either an ISO or video-folder set). Then use Disc COpier to burn the image onto a DVD.

Whzt is the full name and version of the Roxio software? Did you buy it retail or it came preinstalled with your PC or included in the software of a store-bought burner?

If the Roxio software came preinstalled in your PC or bundled with a burner, then you have the stripped down version or just the basic version of the software. In which case, it does not have all the features of a full retail version.

Did you try Disc Copier, with the avi files as the source and the destination is DVD format?

Hi malatekid,

I encoded an avi to vob using SUPER © which created a file called VTS_01_1.VOB which I put in a folder called VIDEO_TS.

Yes, I navigated to the VIDEO_TS folder in Media Selector, but when I clicked on it the OK button was greyed out. Nothing appeared in the right pane.

Thanks,

Anthony

DVD Movies must have a specific format and I am guessing that you are thinking its' just files and trying to cob together some Frankendisc

In your VIDEO_TS folder to you also have files with IFO & BUP extensions or just the VOB alone???

I'm not clear by your "...encoded a vob file" statement? What exactly did you do? Details please.

Is this in Media Selector that the OK button is greyed out? While in Media Selector and after selecting the video-folder set, did you click the movie on the right pane? If you do, does the OK button get enabled?

Archived