• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

80004005 Revisited

MichaelFCVA

Question

I, too, am getting the dreaded unspecified error code 80004005 when I try to compile a video. I am using EMC10, the compile module. I add the video, trim it and try to either save it to my hard drive or burn it to DVD and get the same 80004005 error when says it is trying to initialize the receiving drive.

I, of course, followed the suggestions contained in the "support" area and updated my video drivers and changed the rendering to software. As reported by everyone else with this problem, none of the suggestions make any difference and there is no one to call. I am not happy with the operation of this suite (EMC10) and especially with the "support" offered by Roxio. I am disappointed.

If anyone has found the cure for this, please reply.

1 answer to this question

I, too, am getting the dreaded unspecified error code 80004005 when I try to compile a video. I am using EMC10, the compile module. I add the video, trim it and try to either save it to my hard drive or burn it to DVD and get the same 80004005 error when says it is trying to initialize the receiving drive.

I, of course, followed the suggestions contained in the "support" area and updated my video drivers and changed the rendering to software. As reported by everyone else with this problem, none of the suggestions make any difference and there is no one to call. I am not happy with the operation of this suite (EMC10) and especially with the "support" offered by Roxio. I am disappointed.

If anyone has found the cure for this, please reply.

Just so you understand, this forum discussion group board is not Roxio/Sonic support. We are users, like you, that try to help each other out. So if one of your fellow users has a suggestion, they will post it. Also, posting the same thing over and over on multiple threads tends to get your posts ignored. Starting a new one like this one was good, and hopefully someone will offer some suggestions.

If you want to use Roxio's tech support, try this link (which I got to thru their support site btw):

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/emc10/contact.html

Archived