Tivo Transfer Stops After 14k

timg

Question

Ok, I just bought a Tivo HD. I have a Mac (OS X 10.5.2) and I want to be able to get shows off of it. So I bought Popcorn 3 (3.02 to be exact).

I installed it. Started up Tivo Transfer and entered my MAK. I can see my Tivo and all of the available files. When I click "Start Transfer" it does. When I go to the "Active Transfers" tab, I can see the file is in the download list. But it says "14k of 444Mb - Estimating Time" and then never continues. It just stays at 14k. If I delete it and start over, same problem. Different files, same problem.

I'm about to ask Roxio for a refund unless someone has some idea what might be wrong.

Anyone?

Thanks,

tim

1 answer to this question

I had a similar problem and finally found this solution posted after looking at a lot of forums - basically download manually:

--

...enter https://yourtivoipnumber and get the login

- at the login prompt your user name is tivo and the password is your media access key.

- this will allow you to download programs from safari.

you'll need to make sure transfers are enabled from the manage my account on the tivo website as well.

--

Once you download, I just moved the downloaded ".tivo" program to the Tivo Transfer download folder I specified in that program, then relaunched Tivo Transfer. It saw the program as if it had downloaded it. Then I was able to "Toast it" to burn to DVD or export to iPod.

Archived