• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Recorder Not Found Osx 10.2.8 Qps (jvc Xr-w2040)

Sumer

Question

I have a SCSI QPS CD-R/RW recorder that is recognized by Toast 3.0 as a CD writer in OS 9.2. In OSX 10.2.8, Toast 6.1.1 does not recognize it as a writer (Recorder not found). The Mac OSX System Profiler identifies the drive as a CD-ROM drive. Does anybody have a solution? Thanks! Sumer

4 answers to this question

The wierd thing is that the drive works in OSX as a CD-ROM reader--- IE, when you put a CD in, it pops up on the desktop, you can open files, etc. Just not as writer. Does this make sense? Thanks! Sumer

There is no driver to instruct the OS that this is a disc-burning drive. Go to www.patchburn.de and see if there is a version of Patchburn available that will enable support for this drive. But I'm pretty sure there is not support for SCSI drives.

There is no driver to instruct the OS that this is a disc-burning drive. Go to www.patchburn.de and see if there is a version of Patchburn available that will enable support for this drive. But I'm pretty sure there is not support for SCSI drives.

Guru, That was promising site, but no support for this SCSI Drive (as you surmised). It seems like there should be a fix somewhere!! Aggh.... Thanks again. Sumer

Archived