• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Emc10 And Video Card Failure Message

grainofsand

Question

I am new to this forum and have little experience with discussion groups so apologize if I'm waisting someone's time with my problem.

My problem is: When I try to copy a homemade dvd through EMC10 I get an immediate message that tells me video card fails to meet minimum specifications, please up grade.

I am running Vista Home Premium and have had no problems using Windows Media to run DVD's. I have been using this computer for a year now and this is the first time I'm trying to copy a DVD (I'm a first grader when it comes to computer knowledge). I don't know what kind of video card I have but I think Microsoft would not have given me the Roxio DVD copier if the video card didn't match. Can anyone help me?

Bob

7 answers to this question

I believe the minimum requirement is 1024X768 at 16bit color. Right click any where on the desktop and choose PERSONALIZE. Somewhere in that dialog box, you should be able to check and/or change the resolution. Sorry not running Vista at the moment or I would give more details.

---

Rebooted into Vista.

At the bottom of that dialog box, click on Display Settings.

You should see the following dialog box:

post-49-1205597166.jpg

I believe the minimum requirement is 1024X768 at 16bit color. Right click any where on the desktop and choose PERSONALIZE. Somewhere in that dialog box, you should be able to check and/or change the resolution. Sorry not running Vista at the moment or I would give more details.

---

Rebooted into Vista.

At the bottom of that dialog box, click on Display Settings.

You should see the following dialog box:

Thanks Gary for taking the time to reboot into Vista to help me.

I followed your instructions and went to display settings. There I found my settings were maximized 1280 x 800 pixels with 32 bit color. That's seems more than the minimum 1024 requirements. checked back with EMC10 DVD maker and the same message comes up: update video card.

Is there something else I could try?

Thanks for your help

Bob

After following Gary's suggestion this is what you should see.

Frank...

Hi Frank

thanks for following up Gary's instructions, but what I found was that I am already set at maximum with 1280 x 800 pixels and 32 bit color.

since your are running Roxio DVD with Vista Home Premium, is there something alse I should be doing to make DVD copies on my laptop?

Thanks for your help

Bob

1280 X 800 should be sufficient display resolution. Make sure you have updated video card drivers. That's about all you can do. Go to the laptop manufacturer's website or the video chipset website to check for updated Vista drivers.

Thanks Gary, I'll call HP and try to find out what's going on.

Bob

Archived