• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Help! Dell Fix For Record Now Is Not Working- Ver 6.5

rmarquart

Question

i recently had to re-install window XP and before that, the systems profile showed i had sonic update manager in my computer but it never showed in my add and restore list.after the re-install it still showed i had it but i didn't ! i called Dell and they gave me a Roxio fix which was isum_hotfix.exe i down loaded that and it showed up in my add and restore list but i keep getting "unable to connect to sonic update server,check your network connection" but i was connected.it said to look for S Guard.msi.has anyone heard of this ? i also have never found a place to update mydvd ver 5.0 deluxe .any ideas?

thank you

2 answers to this question

i recently had to re-install window XP and before that, the systems profile showed i had sonic update manager in my computer but it never showed in my add and restore list.after the re-install it still showed i had it but i didn't ! i called Dell and they gave me a Roxio fix which was isum_hotfix.exe i down loaded that and it showed up in my add and restore list but i keep getting "unable to connect to sonic update server,check your network connection" but i was connected.it said to look for S Guard.msi.has anyone heard of this ? i also have never found a place to update mydvd ver 5.0 deluxe .any ideas?

thank you

Check with Dell it is their OEM software.

I am not aware of any updates on the ver 5 (its almost 5 yrs old).

Archived