• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Media Import

anton

Question

Media import not working. Tried to get scanner working. Just stops. Close application and then other application like labeler crashes. any ideas

Scanner canon Lide

XP home edition with service pack 2

1 GIG memory

3 gig Intel 4 CPU

gigabyte motherboard 915.

roxio 10 suite.

any help appreciated.

4 answers to this question

Personally, I don't like the Media Import interface fro scanners. With that said, my Epson scanner has two drivers: TWAIN and WIA. With EMC 9, the TWAIN driver never did work, but I could scan fine using the WIA driver.

How did I know which was WIA? It always showed up as the first listing for the Epson scanner. Media Import 10 still doesn't work with my Epson TWAIN drvier.

well well I removed the 700mb update and did a clean install. Now media import works. SOOOO as far as I am concened if I do not touch my setup I have a perfect working copy on my machine. Copied discks and dvds made video, used photosuite

Played with media manager. Connected to my I pod and phone no problem. Disc labeler is working cool, formatted disks. ok there are a lot of other modules I must test if I find problems will post it. BTW can import pics from scanner as well.

Media import not working. Tried to get scanner working. Just stops. Close application and then other application like labeler crashes. any ideas

Scanner canon Lide

XP home edition with service pack 2

1 GIG memory

3 gig Intel 4 CPU

gigabyte motherboard 915.

roxio 10 suite.

any help appreciated.

Use your scanner like you normally do, to scan a picture to your hard drive. Then, use the .jpeg or .bmp for whatever you want. No reason to use media import at all.

Personally, I don't like the Media Import interface fro scanners. With that said, my Epson scanner has two drivers: TWAIN and WIA. With EMC 9, the TWAIN driver never did work, but I could scan fine using the WIA driver.

How did I know which was WIA? It always showed up as the first listing for the Epson scanner. Media Import 10 still doesn't work with my Epson TWAIN drvier.

Archived