• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Movie Doesn't Go Back To Main Menu When Finished

graywaves

Question

I just started using EMC 10 - MyDVD. I have created my first DVD and on the "main menu" page I have four links. When you click on each individual link they play the correct home video movie I have connected to it. The problem is when they each finish they do not go back to the main menu - they just play the next "movie" I have added. How do I make each individual movie return to the main menu when they finish playing?

Thanks

8 answers to this question

I just started using EMC 10 - MyDVD. I have created my first DVD and on the "main menu" page I have four links. When you click on each individual link they play the correct home video movie I have connected to it. The problem is when they each finish they do not go back to the main menu - they just play the next "movie" I have added. How do I make each individual movie return to the main menu when they finish playing?

Thanks

Check the navigation. You have the option set to play next movie rather than return to menu. There are two possible places to change. The first is in Project Settings. Go to the top menu and select Project Settings. The window will open. Check where the dot is. If it is play movie and all etc, simply change that.

post-58-1205756640.jpg

The other is in the movie to movie and chapter navigation.

post-58-1205757054.jpg

Give the "Use Title Action" choice a try as well (as indicated in my post above) in the After Playing box or have you tried it already and post #5 covers the result already? If you haven't done it yet, does the suggestion make a difference?

Very odd - even though in preview mode my movie clips don't go back to the main menu - I burned a copy of the DVD to see what would happen. The movies do go back to the main menu on my dvd player. Is it a glitch that in preview mode it doesn't go back - or is that how EMC 10 works?

Thanks for everyones help in pointing out the different menus....

Check the navigation. You have the option set to play next movie rather than return to menu. There are two possible places to change. The first is in Project Settings. Go to the top menu and select Project Settings. The window will open. Check where the dot is. If it is play movie and all etc, simply change that.

The other is in the movie to movie and chapter navigation.

Yes I have both of these selected - and it still doesn't go back to the main menu. I have the main menu named something other than "menu"....would that affect it?

In the second snapshot of sknis above, select Use Title Action in the After Playing box. Do this for every title.

Please post the result.

nope - still doesnt' work! :( Do I have my menus set up wrong? Here is a snapshot (I have the after playing box on my main menu in this shot):

movie.jpg

Looks like you have it set correctly. So you are saying when 'Jen Growing' finishes, the viewer is not taken back to the Main Menu 'Zachary Dustin Gray'?

Double check the project settings ( File / Project Settings). See the first attachment of Steve's above. Make sure that PLAY MOVIE ONLY is selected for Movie Button action.

nope - still doesnt' work! :( Do I have my menus set up wrong? Here is a snapshot (I have the after playing box on my main menu in this shot):

Give the "Use Title Action" choice a try as well (as indicated in my post above) in the After Playing box or have you tried it already and post #5 covers the result already? If you haven't done it yet, does the suggestion make a difference?

Archived