• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio & Symantec

RJO

Question

Can someone from Roxio PLEASE explain how to install EMC10 on a Vista Ultimate system running Norton Ghost 12 and Norton Internet Security 2008.

I've tried countless installs / un-installs and getting very tired of this. After CLEAN installs of both Symantec programs and EMC10, 1 or the other always crashes, usually crashes the Norton Ghost first then Roxio EMC10.

Having tried numerous combinations I now do NOT have Roxio installed as my system is now stable and secured without it, adding it will simply put me back into a un-install re-install process. I'd gotten rid of Nero 7 Ultimate to use Roxio but after all of this I will not re-try unless a confirmed solution is posted.

And no I do not have countless hours to sift through other posts to get a solution. My one and only call to Roxio support resulted in a "call Symantec" response. Again NO, you fix YOUR software first.

OR is Roxio asking me to go back to Nero that worked properly on the first install with no issues, I can just send me the RMA needed.

Frustrated!

Vista Ultimate 32bit, AMD Athlon 64 5400+, Asus M2N32SLI Vista Premium, Asus 8600GTS

4Gb Ram @ 800 speed, 3 x 300Gb internal SATA, 1 x 750GB eSATA,

3 answers to this question

I'm curious as to just exactly what Symantec (Norton) programs you are running, besides Norton 360 that you suggest you have removed ???

Everyone has their own thoughts as to what security programs (including MS LOL) that they think are best. Nothing wrong with that. I have been running Norton Internet Security programs since way back in ver. 4 and have never had any problems with it breaking any of the many programs I run. And that's with most all of the older versions of Windows and now with Vista also. However, I do think there are a couple of Symantec programs that will interfer with some other programs, but that doesn't mean that all of Symantec's or Norton programs are bad. One users opinion :)

I'm not sure about Norton Ghost 12, but I am running both EMC 9 and 10 (Vista Home Premium) and also running "Norton Internet Security 2008" and have not had any problems. Also running EMC 10 on an XP/SP2 computer along with NIS 2008 and no problems there either. I would have to say however that the EMC 9 & 10 programs were istalled "Before" I installed NIS 2008.

Frank...

Frank...

Roxio is not asking you to do anything. It is quite up to you.

Take a read of this topic (click here) and it will show you how to instruct your chaotic Norton's program to leave Roxio registry keys alone.

I steer clear of Norton's stuff nowadays because it breaks so many other programs, but you will make your own choice.

Regards,

Brendon

Roxio is not asking you to do anything. It is quite up to you.

Take a read of this topic (click here) and it will show you how to instruct your chaotic Norton's program to leave Roxio registry keys alone.

I steer clear of Norton's stuff nowadays because it breaks so many other programs, but you will make your own choice.

Regards,

Brendon

Hi Brendon, Thanks but been there tried that and NOT currently using any cleaners. I have virtually all Symantec releases and removed Norton 360 as a just in case due to cleaners. The issue is stricly with Roxio I'm sure. As for staying away from Symantec, why? they offer the best total protection, what are you suggesting in place of it, certainly not one of the free offers that buy advice from Symantec, Trend or McAfee?

Archived